Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another season has came and gone. This is the first year in I don't know how long I didn't get a bird. Never had one come to a call at all. This past weekend was fun. I had a Fox come around the tree I was sitting in. Guess it was stalking my decoys. It came around the tree and was right next to me about 3 feet. Saturday morning I thought was going to be the day. I must of heard 80 gobbles. But never seen a bird and the gobbling stopped right at 6:00. Sunday I didn;t even here a gobble until 10:20. He was way off and barely heard him. I ended up getting him in closer but not close enough. I only seen 4 birds this year. 3 hens and a Tom. Toughest year I have had in years! Guess I'm birdless for another year.:whinging:

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
:banghead::banghead: hate it when that happens

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Well I hear ya!!! I called a bird in for my cousin and we were out of the woods by 6:20 the first day. Went back out and heard tons of birds and just coouldn't get them to come in. I hunted 10-12 days and couldn't even get a jake to come in after that. I bet I heard 8-15 different gobblers every morning but none were receptive. Man am I FRUSTRATED!!!! Congrats to everyone who did get a bird.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I got skunked too...

Shoulda shot that jake on opening morning,,, :bangin::fart:

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
Originally posted by jason6517
Well I hear ya!!! I called a bird in for my cousin and we were out of the woods by 6:20 the first day. Went back out and heard tons of birds and just coouldn't get them to come in. I hunted 10-12 days and couldn't even get a jake to come in after that. I bet I heard 8-15 different gobblers every morning but none were receptive. Man am I FRUSTRATED!!!! Congrats to everyone who did get a bird.
i feel you there brother! Called my cousin his first bird in open morning. And then couldnt get anything to work for the next few days i got to hunt before they shafted me at work. And i didnt get to hunt anymore. The only bird i got to come in after that was the one that came in silent and i spooked at the truck.

chad

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I'm clueless as well as birdless.:D Still have a coupla weeks in Kansas though.

Jack

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah I know what ya mean. I went saturday and sunday.Saturday I seen three big gobblers off in the distance calling them was impossible. a tom came up behind my blind not ten feet away but by the time I could get turned around for a shot he was a hundred yard away.Sunday morning ther wasnt a turkey to be seen anywher. I think it was to late in the season and calling just ran them off. Oh well is the way it goes sometimes. better luck next spring.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Birdless I am also.. always next year, I guess.:boohoo:

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by rat
NO! Not next year. THIS FALL! Kill a couple hens for the sake of Spring turkey season!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
I feel your pain Al. Of course I was only able to get out 4 days the whole season.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by rat
NO! Not next year. THIS FALL! Kill a couple hens for the sake of Spring turkey season!
Fall birds are getting muzzys from me if the opportunity presents.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was lucky enough to get one the first weekend (during the rain storm), but rest of the season was pretty sad. They were gobbling like crazy during the second weekend, but the hens had them well tied-up past 1:00pm. The last weekend was the worst. It was so windy, I couldn't hear myself fart. It didn't matter anyway...if you didn't go to the gobblers WAY out in the open, they didn't care.

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by rat

Fall birds are getting muzzys from me if the opportunity presents.
Me too, but I might have to pull out the scatter gun on a Saturday and chase some hens.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
man not only didn't i get a bird this year but i'm pretty sure i have lost first dibs on a piece of property i had been hunting on these last few years. i can't argue i knew it was going to happen eventualy. i will still get out there but hunting pressure is going to be about tripple from what it had been. some of you guys had unbelievable stories this year, it is what makes one come back every year to try their hand again. a tip of the hat to everyone :wink4:

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
JimH, I'm more sorry to hear about your loss first rights on hunting land than about going birdless for spring '06. Its stuff like that that made me take the plunge and buy some property. Wish I could afford to buy more - but I'm having enough trouble with payments now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.