Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not hear a single gobble today but finally got my second Missouri bird. Got in front of a moving bird and he walked into a charge of 6's at 23 yards. 21 lbs. 1 1/8" spurs, 9 1/2" beard. The end of a memorable but difficult season. First archery turkey ever (ks jake) and two Missouri longbeards. :wink4:

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Great season... congrats!!

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
They gobbled like crazy at our place this morning. I was'nt hunting, but my son was. They did'nt work good but they gobbled.

Congrats Joe,,,,,,,,,,,,,now are ya going after that second Kansas bird???

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not Todd. I've burned a lot of time and points with the wife, although as much as I enjoy turkey hunting - I won't say no chance.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Originally posted by Gamegetter
Probably not Todd. I've burned a lot of time and points with the wife, although as much as I enjoy turkey hunting - I won't say no chance.
I'm gonna try and get back over there next weekend,,,depending on the weather and planting.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was great except for one thing... I had a chance or actually several chances to be on film with Larry Woodward and Bob Richardson from the show "Outdoors in the Heartland" but couldn't get the pieces together to get a good kill on film - at least with me there. Bob took a nice tom on a day I had to work at my real job, and I was with Larry when he connected on a jake - but little if any film - so I don't think it will make the show. It sure gave me an appreciation for how hard it can be to get a trophy kill on tape. Lots of hard work to boot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.