Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are planning his first deer hunt this fall. Figure now would be a good time to start rounding up stuff. Need some steady stix or bipod for him when shooting. We will be hunting from the ground.

Also anyone have any camo fabric/burlap sitting around? Something I could use to make a quick set ground blind with?

Thanks
Kurt

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i like shooting stix,but what i do is make my own.i go to the camping section and buy the replacement poles for dome tents,its got everything you need but the dohickey that holds the poles together.there i use those plastic things that you slip one end through and tighten.like the police use sometimes for hancuffs works good for about ten bucks total.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know thats not a bad idea on the homemade sticks, dunno why my brain didn't go there already. :bangin: I do have a couple of old arrows, carbons even....hmmmmm me likey that idear

On the homemade bag target, we gathered up a ton of old clothes from the storage area in our basement that we are giving away, I had more than enough to finish of my second bag target:)

·
Under appreciated
92,117 Posts
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
I usually just find a nice sized stick in the woods with a "Y" on the end of it.
Roger that.. lots cheaper.

Practice with the stick and potential setup and your good to go!

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just made em out of two old 32" aluminum arrows. Coated the tops with electrical tape and used a zip tie to hold em together. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Has anyone seen this new rifle sling that has shooting sticks built into it? They fold up and store in a small pocket on the outside of the sling, then pull down on the sling and voila...the sticks pop out and are connected to the sling

·
Under appreciated
92,117 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
Has anyone seen this new rifle sling that has shooting sticks built into it? They fold up and store in a small pocket on the outside of the sling, then pull down on the sling and voila...the sticks pop out and are connected to the sling
Hoytshooter.. where'd you see 'em?

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I saw them advertised on the outdoor channel last night actually...first time I had seen them. I'll see if I can dig up a website for them

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Here you go....not sure that this is the exact same product I saw advertised, but I think it is. Looks pretty slick!

http://www.slingstix.com/

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
That's what I thought at first. Then I thought, ya know, if you go buy a decent sling and some similar shooting sticks separately you're gonna pay close to or more than that anyway.

·
just a no body
15,611 Posts
Ok after checking it out ..what concerns me is the lack of a 'base" to rest the rifle on...I doubtr it I could get a steady rest if I was in a hurry & would think a youngn would even have a harder time

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I've got one of the monopod type shooting sticks...When settin on yo butt, gun on the rest, and it all locked against your knee, it's rock solid...Now, standing up, with the stick extended is another story...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts