Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the new Biomaxx (Corn and Soybeans)? Just wondered how it looked or if it worked. May still be a little cold in Missouri to plant. I planted about 8 acres with the stuff and its finally coming out of the ground. It supposed to be best thing on the market.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Scott ought to be good, round up ready and all. I just cant afford to put a bunch of N2 down for the corn and dont believe the soybeans will fix enough for the corn...wont happen. Ive been waiting for dry ground for my beans, would like to have about 65 degrees for it though.
My sunflowers took a while to come up also, ground needs some sun!!!
good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with one of the reps at biologic that had been testing this for 4 years and he said the beans will really kick the corn. I know he is a salesman but he seemed to know what he was talking about. I just hope it works because at $68 a bag it hurts.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Regular RR soybeans are about $30 a bag. I would go the cheaper route and leave the corn out of the mix. Beans are good deer food,,and I can't see getting a good productive stand of corn from broadcasting it with beans. The difference in fertilizer needs would make me think one or the other of your crops will have to be affected. (.02) If the deer were to leave some of the corn uneaten, there won't be an inexpensive way of getting it out of your plot in the future(.02)

:cheers::cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.