Bilby Lake Ranch

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by montgohunter, Nov 4, 2010.

1. montgohunter

montgohunter New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Charles
    anybody ever hunt this or have trail cam pics from it? Thanks!

2. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I've hunted it....but not for deer.

3. montgohunter

montgohunter New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Charles
    ohh what you hunt it for? my buddy is trying to hunt it for deer

4. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    I hunted it several years ago and it seems like it was pretty open country. At least where I was it was brushy fields.

5. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I hunted there for birds.....

6. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Pretty decent pheasant hunting.

7. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    A buddy and I went up there to fish in august. When we came over the hill to the lake entrance 3 huge bucks crossed the road in front of us, heading into the ranch. One was almost booner material.

If you could have gotten there on the 1st of November, you could set up in one of the wooded draws and let the bird hunters move the deer to you.

There is a bunch of deer on that place, its just really wide open unless you get in a draw.

I see your from St. Charles. That would be a haul.

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Its mostly brushy draws and crop strips. Hardly a tree on the place from what I recall. Have killed some pheasant and mallards from there. Had my bow with me a couple times I hunted it, but never traded in the shotgun for the bow.

9. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    At one point Bilby had been designated by MDC as a "Raptor free zone". The idea was to improve the area for upland game like rabbits, quail, and pheasant by removing anything a hawk would use as a perch for roosting, nesting, or hunting. Don't know if that program is still going on.

10. Tarsal Gland

Tarsal Gland Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    KC
    Pheasant hunted up their a few years ago. Get in a brushy draw and get ready for deer when the pheasant hunters hit the field talked to a guy in the parking lot after a pheasant hunt said he had missed a giant that morning...