Big sheds...

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by FiremanBrad, Mar 27, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Just had a buddy come by braggin'...hasn't ever shed hunted in his life, and how goes one time and thinks it's easy!!!lol. The 3 sheds in the back are all huge...the middle one was found by his bro last spring, and he found the bleached one on the left, and the heavy one on the right, about 2 days apart, along with all the little ones...the little 8 pt set, he found just like they lay on my floor...right together. The 2 biggest ones measured 73+ for the bleached one, and the right one was 75+, both non typical...the chewed up one from last year still made 65+ non typical!!! I should have had him hold them up, or put something in for size reference...but at 70+ a side, WITHOUT spread makes 140 class!!!

[​IMG]

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Nice finds!!! But, I am not really sure I like your buddy right now!!! LOL

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I see em now wiff your couch as a reference.. nice finds for sure!

4. Hotrod

Hotrod Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Mexico,MO
    I have gone a few times but never found anything.So all I can say is good horns
    :banana:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lol, yea, I know what ya mean...dirty sucka dat he is!!! He's about half a hunter, doesn't hit it real hard...sometimes I wonder if he even knows how to field dress one after all these years...lol. He said when he first found these sheds, that he wasn't sure he would shoot that deer.....I shoulda thrown him out at that point...lol. But, after the measuring, he thinks yea, he'd prolly shoot him now!!! Makes ya wonder what he's been passing up eh?

6. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Nice sheds. I guess it's time to start looking!

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Yeah you shoulda tossed him! And if he would passed them then I want to hunt with him!!!

8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Some mighty fine bone there!
    Lucky son of a.... j/k!
    :cheers::cheers:

9. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    nice finds for sure

interesting the three of those bigens all have the same thing going on with the eyeguards

10. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Not bad for the first outing.........:roll2:

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

The pics don't show it as well as holding them in your hands, but if these didn't come off the same deer, from 3 yrs in a row, then there are clones running around the same farm in north Saline county!!!!

12. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

i think they are from the same deer. and wouldnt be to surprised if that middle one didnt have his beam broken off then chewed on. the only reason i say this is because if they had chewed that much off i would have to think they would have chewed on some more of the other tines. just my .02 worth

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good point Scott....I'd like to see the buck that whooped him!!!

14. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Ditto still looking for my first