Big Piney River

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by JMallard, Apr 29, 2006.

1. JMallard

JMallard New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    What is the fishing like on the Big Piney. We are coming up to Turkey hunt for a while, but would love to get in a little fishing in the afternoon.

JM

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

You should get some good replies to this one....It has been about 15 yrs since I've fished it, but the smallmouth and goggle eye should be bitin down there!!!

3. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i caught a 4lb largemouth in an impoundment on thursday. i was jiggin a 6" plastic black worm tipped with a red tail.
    i take out my digital camera to get a pic and the %&$#in batteries are dead. i threw him back. if you after big bass go in the impoundments.
    i dont fish live bait unless im going after huge catfish, so if i was to go today i would throw anytype of buzzbait, if they dont hit that use any type of jigs. all the big fish i ever caught on big piney was in impoundments, but i caught my fair share of smallies in deep holes with spinners and 1/8 jigs. but with all this rain the piney is very muddy. im going to wait a few days after this storm hits so the mud can settle. shoot i been doing more river fishing than turkey huntin. that 4lber was the biggest bass i have caught out of big piney. im very anxious to go back.
    were you hunt at? i can tell ya some good place if your around my area.
    later

4. JMallard

JMallard New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    We are going to be hunting around Duke. Coming up from Mississippi Tuesday.

Thanks,
    JM

5. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    thats close about 15 miles from my home. i can get to Ross bridge on dirt roads all the way from my home. fish by ross bridge and down by white oak.
    good luck!