Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thread is a sign of two possible things....

1) No one cares about cougars being sighted anymore. Afterall it isn't even rare anymore. Twenty years ago most wouldn't have believed it.

2) This forum is just about dead right now, or everyone is ingulfed in a nest predator debate.

Could be a combo of both. Hurry up and get here bow season!!!

5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
without the claw marks...but seriously, seeing a big cat or a bear in the MO woods is on my bucket list!
I have had the opportunity to kill two big cats in Gentry county MO. First was back in 1987. It was at 80 yards during deer season, 4:30 pm sunlight shining on it, scope on 9 power. Beautiful cat, life changing experience. Then in 1998 I treed one with my hounds. All I had were CCI CB's in the clip. Wouldn't have shot it anyway, but I am pretty sure shooting a big cat with CB's isn't the smartest thing to do. Slightly better than shooting a black bear with a CB, which is slightly smarter than shooting a grizzly with a CB.:D

· Registered
916 Posts
without the claw marks...but seriously, seeing a big cat or a bear in the MO woods is on my bucket list!
I have been lucky enough to see both cat and bear in Missouri. I saw the bear in leasburg. Near the cortois creek. This was years ago. Was pretty cool. And saw the cat in warren county during 2005 deer season. Most people won't c either one. I just happened to get lucky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.