Big John's hunting Journal

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by Big John, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Well today was not real good for being in a treestand, even my climber and I have issues with 30 mph winds. Didn't see anything to shoot at and even if I had I probably wouldn't have tried a shot in that wind unless it was 10yds.

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Well tomorrow is the gun opener for NYS southern zone, I am getting ansi.....Got all my weapons ready to take the first most and biggest. I have been going nuts looking for a camper to put in the back of my truck so I don't have to drive the 40 miles one way every day but to no avail......Anyway I am going to be out there with my cell phone maybe get a picture or two of the kill to post up if the signal holds up......

3. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Saturday morning, getting ready to hit the road got an hr drive to get there will be there by sunup. Didn't sleep worth crap but can nap in treestand.....shaaaa right.

4. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Should be a good morning John. Good luck!:cheers:

5. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Go get em BJ-We will be waiting to help you celebrate your success.

:2thumbsup:

6. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I am getting OLD, took ole painless out yesterday moring the wind was unreal so no stand, about 11am I hear shots and one of the guys in the group shot a spike so about noon I walk 1/2 mile back to the house and get some chili (that man can cook some mean chili) deside to take the treestand along on my next trip out, so I load up ole painless .308 17lbs and the viper 18lbs and off into the woods I go. find a nice spot on the edge of a clearing start up the tree with the rifle TIED DOWN BEHIND ME and I hear a noise I look to my left and hear comes a buck and another deer runing right at me, they go under the tree I am on across the clearing stop at the edge of the clearing and then turn around and run right back under me and back the way they came in!!!!!!!!!! QUESTION: HOW DID THEY KNOW MY RIFLE WAS TIED DOWN AND IT WAS SAFE TO TEASE ME? So I get the stand up about 10 feet and get ready. About an hr later I see movement it is a doe coming in along the same path as the other 2 so I get ready put the cross hairs on her and ole painless barks out a round the doe runs about 30 ft dragging her right front leg and drops in a heap. So I walked 5 miles yesterday carrying the rifle, the stand and my gear, felt like back in the Army days...lol but MAN AM I SORE TODAY!

7. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Sounds like a success to me BJ-You got meat

:claphands:

8. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Nice! Meat in the freezer!:cheers:

9. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    You bet! Now if my phone would send the pictures to my E-mail I would get them on the entry thread!