Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a good time yesterday at a little get together put on my cousin that's grown every year. Basically, there's a rabbit tournament with buy-in per gun and payout based on poker hands drawn. Last I heard, there were 63 guns entered and 147 rabbits taken, all of which I'd venture were from everybody's private honey holes across the region.

Here's our group's contribution of 13; we had 3.5 guns, 7 dogs and about 6 hours of running:

[file]90873[/file]

We tied for second highest bagged and finished 4th on the draw (just out of the money). What was likely the best pack in the hunt couldn't account for our shooting; the first half of the day we had non-stop running in a huge overgrown cedar thicket FULL of rabbits but only netted 4 I believe. In any event, had a blast and got to see a lot of guys I haven't since my high school days, as well as my extended family, all over some fried rabbit and a little beer. I missed it last year for a field trial (when my brother and a friend won the pot) and am glad I got to attend this year's event!

Here's a shot of the rabbits on deck, waiting for the deep fryer. The guys they had cooking them were definitely the masters and I had no problem when my uncle insisted I take a bag of leftovers home!

[file]90875[/file]

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
:cheers::cheers:

Got the kiddos out there!!!:eek:::eek::

·
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think they got near as much snow in the first place, but it was pushin 40 there yesterday and I wound up shedding a layer of shirts mid-hunt. I tried going out to solo run here today and it's right at freezing, with some melt off but still a lot of slush/snow. Only got one rabbit started in two hours and it went straight to a brushpile, game over.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
nice hunt. You should of told me about it I'd entered it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.