Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old man took a trip to the lake to do some snaggin over easter break and took my nephew. The first morning my nephew got hooked into a 55 lber...a good start. The snaggin slowed from there so they decided to set a trot line at about 2 pm at 4 pm after some crappie fishing they couldn't stand it and had to check to see if they had caught anything yet. Well they did!!! Grandpa and grandson had quite them time getting em the boat but when the got them landed they had a mess and a half. First fish on the line was a hoss of a 50 lber :eek:, as they were throwing him in the boat they saw another (23 lber) just 3 hooks away. They ended up with a 6 and 7 lbers as well and threw back a couple pounders. What a deal! Dad says the pictures do no justice to the fish and this 50 was by far the meanest, biggest looking cat he has ever caught, even better than his 56 lb flathead. Here are a couple pics. The first one is the group and the second one is when they are bleeding out, it shows off the fish a little better. Enjoy!

·
6,644 Posts
I would just have a heart attack right then and there. I have seen some 80 lbers when I am diving, but I think they would pull me in the water trying to get them off the trot. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Momma mia!
That one is HUGE!
:cheers::cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
where is cfp?she hasn't made any remarks for a long time

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:eek:

nice catch

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
Holy schmokes!! Big uns, absolutely!

Thanks for posting the pics MU!!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
yep boys don't miss with the belts they are some big fishing fools let me tell you;)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I bet those cats got the blood a pumpin'! :banana: So when's the fish fry Travis?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.