Big Brown

Discussion in 'Trout & Fly Fishing' started by Gamegetter, Sep 4, 2017.

1. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Very nice Brownie Joe! Congrats! :tup:

2. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    Well, I'll have to talk to a buddy of mine when he gets back from CO. His taxi does some nice work. Not sure what she does on replicas though. But I'd sure be doing a replica. Did you keep the fish?? Or did you just get good pics and measurements?? Those colors look awesome. I'd hate to see someone lessen the beauty of that thing.

I'll talk to a couple of people down at Bennett when I get back down there this weekend or the next. Either way I'll see what I can come up with. Also, check with the guy on here from Timberland Taxidermy. Even if he doesn't do them, he should be able to recommend someone in his network.

3. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    Also, I'll talk to the guys at our fly shops on Manchester in STL to get their opinions. I'm sure they probably have a good taxi lined up.

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks NL, I've looked a bit online, but haven't contacted anyone yet. Got some pics and brief measurements, with emphasis on getting the brute back in the water quickly.

NoLuck likes this.
  5. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    We fished with spoons, jigs and nightcrawlers. The brown hit a nightcrawler.

seth_turner_04 and 421sd like this.
  6. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    [​IMG]
    Charlie at Readings fly shop at Bennett recommended this guy GG. I've seen some of his work. Pretty good stuff.

7. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks NL. I had his place narrowed down to one of five places to contact. Looks like his stock just went up a bit. :tup:

8. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

Congratulations on a nice fish!!

And nice release too!!

9. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Very nice fish Joe!