Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted pics awhile back of a HUGE 8 point my neighbor had brought to him to mount. He called me today to let me know it was all done. Not quite finished, but all done except for the drying and a few finishing touches. Here are a few pics of it and a few others he had drying.
It's on the far left if you couldn't tell. This guy had better have some tall ceilings!!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another

The second from from right isn't too shaby either, I think it goes around 160" maybe high 150"s can't remember exactly.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
straight on

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Different deer

The same guy that had the big 8 brought this one in the same day. His nephew shot this one the same day he shot his.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last one

The G2s on this 8 point are over 16"

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yeah he better have a cathedral ceiling in the room...Nice big 8Pt. :eek: Tell your bud congrats for me...

I think with that tall rack though I would have mounted it in that new semi-sneak to show off the height of the rack.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Nice deer...that big 10 is sweet too...I'd like to measure em!!!!! 16" G-2's.....12" kinda seperates the men from da boys!!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Awesome lookin 8 pointer!
And the other mounts aren't bad either!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bowkil
Those aren't his, he is a taxidermist. He's got 3 of his own in the living room upstairs!
The three on the right are all MO deer from this year. The big 8 and the one still on the pedistal are KS bucks from this year.
Those pictures don't really do that 8 justice. It is unreal, even the body you can tell from the mount. That's a full size 4'x8' sheet of plywood it's hanging on, havn't seen a whole lot of mounts that are over 48" tall!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Gutpile
Its a shame that 8pt doesn't have any mass.:neuspeuter:
:rotfl: It's quite a rack to see in person. I imagine it may well be the biggest eight I'll ever see in my life up close and personal. I don't remember exactly, but the bases on that 8 are 6 4/8" or 6 7/8". Literally the only deduction on the entire rack is the assymetry in the G3s. One is like 3 inches longer than the other, the rest of the rack is perfect to within about 1/2".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.