big 10 still in velvet

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by carbonslinger, Nov 7, 2010.

1. carbonslinger

carbonslinger New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    bethany,mo
    ive got lots of pics of this buck in velvet. hes been absent for awhile and he came thru still in velvet.cant wait to try and smoke him with the 270 hopefully he come by in day light.

[file]146597[/file] here is another pic ive got of this deer.

[file]147230[/file]
    and and 2 other pics of him.

[file]147236[/file]

[file]147234[/file]

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Very strange....:thinking:

3. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    he probly never sheds his velvet. Ive always wanted to kill one in velvet and that is a the perfect chance:eek::

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    That is odd for sure.

5. BowHunterKc

BowHunterKc New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    My dad killed one a few years back still in velvet during gun season and the conservation agent told us it was from a lack of testosterone. Good luck and hope you tag him!

6. chuck88

chuck88 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I'm willing to bet he either snagged his testicles on a fence or they never dropped.
    would be cool to shoot :eek::

7. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1884252&tid=131254&author=chuck88]I'm willing to bet he either snagged his testicles on a fence or they never dropped.
    would be cool to shoot :eek::[/rquote]

Or he's a she. Antlered does are not that uncommon. They're always in velvet.

8. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Moberly,Mo
    i belive pinwheel is right i think its a doe

9. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    I bet the other bucks are really confused if it is a Doe. And if they chased her would that make them a little funny.:thinking::shrug::rof2:

10. Jethro

Jethro New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Gerald, Mo
    [rquote=1884380&tid=131254&author=boatcaptain]I bet the other bucks are really confused if it is a Doe. And if they chased her would that make them a little funny.:thinking::shrug::rof2:[/rquote]

I don't know if that makes them a little funny but I sure as heck thought that was funny!!! :hysterical::bowing::rof2::hysterical::rof2:

11. montgohunter

montgohunter New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Charles
    [rquote=1885511&tid=131254&author=Jethro][rquote=1884380&tid=131254&author=boatcaptain]I bet the other bucks are really confused if it is a Doe. And if they chased her would that make them a little funny.:thinking::shrug::rof2:[/rquote]

I don't know if that makes them a little funny but I sure as heck thought that was funny!!! :hysterical::bowing::rof2::hysterical::rof2:[/rquote]

just think...your sitting in your stand and out in the middle of the field...a buck is breeding a buck......i would prolly fall out of my stand laughing!:rof2:

12. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I've heard if they have had an injury to their testicles, then they may not shed the velvet.

13. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    I am not sure that antlered does are always in velvet. My son did shoot one a few years ago that was in velvet on the youth hunt. You can have does with polished antlers, but usually it a male with malformed reproductive organs.

Looks awfully "buckish" to me though.

14. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    BowhuntKS killed a buck in velvet last December or January. :wave:

15. DAWG

DAWG New Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Marionville
    all the antlered does i've seen are no where close to typical like this one is...they all look like a bird's nest kind of rack

16. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

I'm with a few of the others, I'm thinking it's a buck that has some reproductive organ issues. I have heard of them injurying one or both testes which has been known to cause them to not shed their velvet when the vast majority of the bucks have. Looks like a buck that has some testosterone level problems to me. KILL THAT ANIMAL, then we will know for sure!

:cheers::cheers:

17. SOMOHUNTER

SOMOHUNTER New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    mo ark line
    If you got alot of pics of him look at them and see if you can see if it is a buck or a doe:cheers:

18. MO Deer Slayer

MO Deer Slayer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    bean field near you
    testicals are probably not very big my buddy killed one in gun season hes testies were about the size of grapes but hes a shooter for sure