Betty White Called Me.....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Mailman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The phone rang yesterday right in the middle of the MU game and I looked at the caller ID on the phone to see who wasn't watching the game. It was one of "Those" numbers that most don't answer. I love talking to those types that call be it a guy in some foreign land with the name of Bob that has an accent that I can barely understand or a political survey that take from 15 seconds to 5 minutes depending on how long the caller wants to present his case to this hard headed old man.

ANYWAYS....I picked up the phone and said Hello and of course the tell tale sign that it is a telemarketer there was silence till I said Hello the second time. I said Hello the second time and a slightly quivering old ladies voice started speaking.

Turns out it was Betty White wanting me to vote Yes on Proposition B........but it was a recording and I listened to it till the end out of curiosity as to what hogwash they had the old lady convinced on believing. Poor old gal must have swallowed the whole "Stop the Puppy Mill" crap that they advertise on TV and radio. I wonder just where the Vote No people are? I have seen very little out there that tell the whole truth.

Please keep your remarks on the subject at hand and not make it Political...:wave:

2. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    I hadnt seen many Vote no or Vote yes signs. Went thru Freeburg Friday, and there were vote no signs everywhere

:eek::

3. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Betty White huh? Guess they use whatever generation will appeal to the target. :D I got a call from Sarah Palin yesterday, wanted to know if I'd like to go on a moose hunt (after I vote, of course).

4. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    [rquote=1871947&tid=130344&author=nastyjack63]Betty White huh? Guess they use whatever generation will appeal to the target. :D I got a call from Sarah Palin yesterday, wanted to know if I'd like to go on a moose hunt (after I vote, of course). [/rquote]

I also got a call from Sarah Palin, but it had nothing to do with politics......:peepwall:

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Betty White called me too. I just hung up as soon as I heard she supported Prop B.

I've had Sarah Palin call me three times now, I just couldn't hang up. Her voice drives me good crazy! I just had to listen to her!:claphands::claphands:

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Anyone else get letters from Sarah Palin? I do all the time, Me Likey!!:D

7. Ellis Prairie

Ellis Prairie New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    IT WAS A RECORDING!!!!! I guess that explains why the Old Bat wouldn't listen to a word I said.
    Old Bat refering to White not Palin.

8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The old bat can sure take a hit on the football field tho...:2thumbsup:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    [rquote=1871982&tid=130344&author=Mailman]The old bat can sure take a hit on the football field tho...:2thumbsup:[/rquote]

Me thinkest all the retakes of that commercial affected her brain! Her bellfry is overpopulated with bats.

10. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

i got that call too .. just shows how out of touch these people are to do that in the middle of the MIZZOU game

11. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    I see alot of vote no signs, but sure are alot of big name people in favor of it passing

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Hollywood=liberal, they don't own livestock and that's all I've got to say about that!

13. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    I've seen a ton of "Vote No" signs on highway 50 around Rosebud and Gerald.

14. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i feel hurt ,she didn't call me:D

15. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got it made. Our regular phone number is temporarily discounted and we have a temporary number. Won't get taken care of until after the election. Been real quiet here lately.:D