Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Made a quick scouting trip out to Bethany, MO over the weekend(about 5 miles east, a couple miles north). It was my first trip to the area. I really liked what I saw for habitat and deer sign! There looked to be about 1 or less homestead per square mile! My question is, what kind of hunting pressure does this area see? Here in Michigan, we call it the "Orange Army" when gun season hits! What is it like out there? Bowhunters vs. gunhunters. We're looking to bowhunt!

Thanks and good hunting!!
Mark
:cheers: :wave:

·
Registered
57 Posts
We hunt in Mt. Moriah, just a few more miles east of your location. One of the reasons we love it is due to the lack of hunting pressure. The only hunters we see are when we are driving back to Bethany at night. You should have good success in that area.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Agent Orange will wipe out the orange army. Wait, I think it worked on another army.:banghead:

You shouldn't have too much pressure there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Bowhunting pressure is alot lower than the gun pressure. good luck! Where in Michigan are you from? I'm from Dearborn originally.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Is this the Michigan get together? I spent 6th grade through HS in Grand Rapids and my college years in Ann Arbor. Parents still in GR.

budmandev, are you hunting in Michigan this year?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:wink4:
Thanks for the input.

I'm originally from Twining, north of Saginaw, MI. I've lived/worked in Owosso, MI for the last 13 years. I work for our family-owned Budweiser distributorship. It's tough, but somebody's got to do it!! :cheers:

I'm heading to Missouri this fall to hopefully get a glimpse of some big bucks, maybe even get lucky enough to get one withing bow range!

I'm hunting whitetails in Michigan this year for sure, just looking to expand my hunting horizons.

I'm after this guy this year! Got a pic of him about 2 weeks ago on a small farm I hunt here in Oakley, MI. :dancin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.