Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Best Work Boots under $150

1246 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  FBastiat
What are the best 8” work boots for around $150?
I was wearing Carhartt, but the quality is not as good as it has been.
Reactions: 1
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Spend $200 and get Thorogoods made in the USA and feel great and Very durable
Reactions: 5
Spend $200 and get Thorogoods made in the USA and feel great and Very durable
From where?
All depends on what you’re using them for. Mud??? Rock?? Chemicals??

I’ve had pretty good luck out of timberland Pro boots. Waterproof models only with carbon toe. Anti fatigue foot beds. I put them through hell in chemicals and a lot of water. Lots of abrasive stuff a lot of concrete walking. Boondocks is the style I have. 6 or 8” around the $170.00 mark. Well worth the price. YMMV. Lots of my guys wear Carolinas. They really like them. I just didn’t like how they felt walking around the store in them.
Reactions: 1
From where?
Online or you will have to see on their website what dealer is near you.I used to go through boots like underwear and an iron worker got me to try them out and I loved them and haven't wore anything else steel toe from any other brand
Most comfortable & lightest work boot I have worn. The are 6 inch though.
https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/i-90-epx-carbonmax-boot/30788M.html
Check out Zappos.com, they carry all those brands, in all sizes, heights, etc. Or Amazon, if you must.......................
Chucks boots ......Thorogood , Chippewa , Carolina ,Georgia ...and wolverine
I beat the snot out of boots. I wear them every single day and rarely wear anything else. I have tried Red Wing, Irish Setter, Wolverine, and Keen.

I will say for comfort I never found a pair I liked better than Irish Setter. However the soles are complete junk. They didn't last 6 months and the dealer wouldn't warranty them. I have a pair of Wolverine Bonaventure boots and they have better soles and decent uppers. Both are pretty light and don't feel like bricks.

I also have a pair of Keen Pittsburgh boots and they are phenomenal but noticeably heavy.
If you need steel toed I have been wearing them for almost 40 years .
Last year got a pair of keen hikers . Very comfortable on 12 hour days on concrete.
Ariats on the farm.
Carolinas have been a great boot for me. I've gotten 2 pairs over the last 5 years and they rotate on good boots to works books/dont care boots. Comfortable and good quality for me.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.