Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this on the guns forum but would also like some responses from here. Which factory load do you find the most accurate and deadly for deer out of your Rem 700 30 06?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
180 gr Federal classic which I haven't been able to find anymore so I load my own know

·
1,051 Posts
my rem700 just loves winchester superX powerpoints in 180 grain. I shoot quite a bit and shoot many different rounds and brands (plinking/varmint/deer etc) and they perform the best. The super x are pretty cheap but i can hold 1" groups or less (bullet holes touch) at 100 yards no joke. This is in .300 win mag but thay might work for you in 30-06.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
There's no possible way to answer that question, each rifle is a rule unto itself, and there are no shortcuts to get there.

·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1488405&tid=103963&author=glennasher1]There's no possible way to answer that question, each rifle is a rule unto itself, and there are no shortcuts to get there.[/rquote] Thanks, I thought the difference from 150 to 180 would be huge but it is not. I hunt a powerline often that allows for some 300 yd + shots. I will be trying out the 180 grain asap.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I dont shoot a 30.06 but have a friend that does and the Winchester Supreme ballistic silvertip ammo groups incredible at 100 yards. Think he was shooting 180 grain. I shoot 150 grain out of my 7mm and at 100 yards I can cover a 3 shot group with a dime. But as has been stated already, every rifle shoots different so hard to say. Chris

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
[rquote=1488405&tid=103963&author=glennasher1]There's no possible way to answer that question, each rifle is a rule unto itself, and there are no shortcuts to get there.[/rquote]

What poor advise that is. Good grief, nobody want to do things the old fashioned way and do the work to find out for themself what shoots best in their particular rifle. Surely someone will know a magic load that can shoot perfect groups for this gun. :shrug:

·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did not ask for one perfect load , I asked for opinions of which bullet shoots best in the other guys guns. At $40 a box , I sure would like to narrow it down to 2 or 3 factory loads that work best for most 700's. I have shot hundreds of rounds thru dozens of rifles 'doing the work' as you said. Sorry if such a stupid question offended you MOGC.

·
Registered
743 Posts
One thing you can do is go here and look at each 30.06 ammo they have, then read the reviews of each ammo and see what everyone says. That may help narrow down your search since you will read reviews from people that shoot different brands of rifles. If a certain round seems to do better in alot of different rifles then maybe it would be worth trying. http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...3&categoryId=7529&categoryString=653***690*** Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.