Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way, in your opinion, to find deer when they are being more nocturnal and smarter overall. I've tried grunting a little, different spots. Just aint having any luck.[file]82222[/file]

=*=ViperSniper=*=

[file]82223[/file]

·
Grrrrrrr
29,980 Posts
Viper...don't know what you mean by hunting by moonlight but....if you suspect they are more nocturnal you can try hunting closer or in their bedding area....just be very careful not to bump em out.

If ya can't hunt the bedding area the best thing is to get between food and bedding and hope for cold weather...the late part of season is all about calories.

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1495955&tid=104427&author=pinwheel]Find the food & the nastiest weather you can stand. The next couple days should really get them on their feet & in the food at last light.[/rquote]

Best advice in my opinion. Of course as always just my :02::hysterical:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yep, find the food, and get out in the nastiest weather, snow sleet etc.. They will be on it right before and right after the weather hits.

I dont know how much Id talk about hunting at night under a full moon, Dont think thats too kosher with the MDC.:toilet:

·
Banned
24,572 Posts
[rquote=1495949&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper]Whats the best way, in your opinion, to find deer when they are being more nocturnal and smarter overall. I've tried grunting a little, hunting by moonlight, different spots. Just aint having any luck.

=*=ViperSniper=*=

[/rquote]

Try a corn pile. Works every time for me. :D

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
[rquote=1495972&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper]Archer...I meant I hunted in the moonlight, after dark in the full moon, in a stand by a place they bed.

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

Are you serious?

·
PURE KILLER
38,022 Posts
sometimes there is food everywhere,line up on a trail going to the bedding areas:cheers:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1496162&tid=104427&author=mathewsshooter89][rquote=1495972&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper]Archer...I meant I hunted in the moonlight, after dark in the full moon, in a stand by a place they bed.

joking right????[/rquote]

Oh no...I just forgot the spotlight the other night. By the way is there any good ways to cover up my tracks when I try to run them over with my bike?:D

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1496227&tid=104427&author=BowMadness][rquote=1495972&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper]Archer...I meant I hunted in the moonlight, after dark in the full moon, in a stand by a place they bed.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: :rules::rules: :eek::eek::eek::eek:[/rquote]
:lame:
Yes I was joking jeez. Dont take me to jail please.

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1496229&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper][rquote=1496162&tid=104427&author=mathewsshooter89][rquote=1495972&tid=104427&author=Viper Sniper]Archer...I meant I hunted in the moonlight, after dark in the full moon, in a stand by a place they bed.

joking right????[/rquote]

Oh no...I just forgot the spotlight the other night. By the way is there any good ways to cover up my tracks when I try to run them over with my bike?:D

=*=ViperSniper=*=

[/rquote]

I have a feeling that it will be you that someone will be picking up off the ground not the deer if you hit it on a bike:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.