Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
401 - 420 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
You can read it, but uou dont understand it. He even explained it for you and you still dont get it.
the initial read was simple to understand, then the hawk spin,,..but, well he meant this he didn't mean that!!

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
I would like to know the year the study was done and raccoon densities in the study area at the time. I bet it wasn't 90 raccoons per square mile like some places in MO have reached.
Is Maconplc referencing one study there? I’m curious the context that pull quote is from. Looks to be a post on here from 10 years ago??
So lets go with half this estimate in SD. Does going from 45 raccoons to 44 per sq mile matter?? @rat ?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
No but Ive been to a quail plantation in MO that has large numbers of quail and never trapped a single predator. Several in fact.

Should they be? Is that what you want?
Well then, you don't really know what SE US quail habitat looks like and by saying that it is similar, you just proved that you will say anything to try and make yourself look knowledgeable. When we all really know that is just not the case. :oops:

It doesn't matter what I want, what matters is that it is real and causes people not to trust the MDC's "scientific facts" (especially when those "facts" are from states that don't have similar habitat to our turkey habitat).

Also, why would a MDC Agent be quoting a SE US quail study? Has Missouri not done it's own ground nesting bird studies he could quote? :unsure:

We can see the positive results of trapping combined with habitat improvement. And it just kills you that we are seeing those results. :LOL:

Reactions: 20' and henry

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Well then, you don't really know what SE US quail habitat looks like and by saying that it is similar, you just proved that you will say anything to try and make yourself look knowledgeable. When we all really know that is just not the case. :oops:

It doesn't matter what I want, what matters is that it is real and causes people not to trust the MDC's "scientific facts" (especially when those "facts" are from states that don't have similar habitat to our turkey habitat).

We can see the results of trapping combined with habitat improvement. And it just kills you that we are seeing those results.
Oh, but I do know... because Ive discussed this with the people that did the studies at Tall Timbers. Their research is applicable and has been implemented in MO with great results. The plants may be different in some cases, but the overall habitat is the same.

Brother, you dont even believe the research FROM MISSOURI. Why would anyone, or why SHOULD anyone care what YOU think???

I could care lezs what you THINK your results are. I get the same results and dont waste time trapping. I look at you morons and laugh at how much time you waste and how overly important you think of yourselves in this guardianship you think you have over wild animals. They dont need you. The existed here for 1000s of years without you just fine. You screwed up their habitat and all they need you to do is fix it. You are all a bunch of narcissistic, self important, helicopter moms that do nothing but deny science to inflate your egos. Its really quite humorous sitting back and watching it unfold.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Oh, but I do know... because Ive discussed this with the people that did the studies at Tall Timbers. Their research is applicable and has been implemented in MO with great results. The plants may be different in some cases, but the overall habitat is the same.

Brother, you dont even believe the research FROM MISSOURI. Why would anyone, or why SHOULD anyone care what YOU think???

I could care lezs what you THINK your results are. I get the same results and dont waste time trapping. I look at you morons and laugh at how much time you waste and how overly important you think of yourselves in this guardianship you think you have over wild animals. They dont need you. The existed here for 1000s of years without you just fine. You screwed up their habitat and all they need you to do is fix it. You are all a bunch of narcissistic, self important, helicopter moms that do nothing but deny science to inflate your egos. Its really quite humorous sitting back and watching it unfold.
Oops, touched a nerve. He's whining about being wrong on the habitat :oops: :LOL:

And he proved that he is dumber than I originally thought he was😁

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Oops, touched a nerve. He's whining about being wrong on the habitat :oops:

And he proved that he is dumber than I originally thought he was
Im not wrong.

Being called dumb by dumb people isnt really an insult. They dont know any better

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Im not wrong.

Being called dumb by dumb people isnt really an insult. They dont know any better
I find it funny that you would rather attack us and call us names than admit that you're wrong about the habitat difference between MO and the SE US. You just cannot admit that you don't know something, it's amazing. 😁.

Reactions: 20' and henry

·
Under appreciated
88,057 Posts
So lets go with half this estimate in SD. Does going from 45 raccoons to 44 per sq mile matter?? @rat ?
What???

I just asked this very simple question... sheeze.. never can get a freaking straight answer around here.

Is Maconplc referencing one study there? I’m curious the context that pull quote is from. Looks to be a post on here from 10 years ago??

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
I find it funny that you would rather attack us and call us names than admit that you're wrong about the habitat difference between MO and the SE US. You just cannot admit that you don't know something, it's amazing. .
Im not wrong. Would you like to talk to the people that did the studies in the SE?

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
What???

I just asked this very simple question... sheeze.. never can get a freaking straight answer around here.
What do you think raccoon density is in SD?

·
Under appreciated
88,057 Posts
Cannot answer the simple freaking question.

Not sure why I bother.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Cannot answer the simple freaking question.

Not sure why I bother.
I dont know, ask @Maconplc . He knew what he was talking about.

It was a thread on here where Sully was mad he couldnt trap nest predators in the summer like 10 years ago. Of course then weather got better and Sully had turkeys again so it wasnt an issue. I tagged you in it. Ill bump it again.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Naa, not sad at all. I’ve worked with Ted and other PLC’s on some of our TSI and edge feathering for costshare. Teds a good dude and I think he does a good job as a PLC. I’ve helped work on improving habitat since before I was old enough to run a chainsaw and before money was available. Anymore it’s as much a way of life for me as is planting food plots. I’ve also killed thousands of predators throughout the same timeframe. There is no doubt in my mind that removal of predators improves success of ground nesting birds in the habitat I’ve worked hard to create.
Maybe you should ask Ted if he still believes his last line.... @killmode
Screenshot_20210709-163532_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210721-140714.jpg

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
Those are quail btw. Dont you have a large quail farm like a mile away? But no quail on your place eh?? Hmmmm... Do they release quail on your side of the road?
Hawk, is that video from your farm? I have to wonder if trapping would have allowed a larger brood of quail, more in line with Henry's broods of turkeys????

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Hawk, is that video from your farm? I have to wonder if trapping would have allowed a larger brood of quail, more in line with Henry's broods of turkeys????
Yes.

Larger? I doubt it. There are probably 3 coveys on that small piece.

·
Under appreciated
88,057 Posts
I dont know, ask @Maconplc . He knew what he was talking about.

It was a thread on here where Sully was mad he couldnt trap nest predators in the summer like 10 years ago. Of course then weather got better and Sully had turkeys again so it wasnt an issue. I tagged you in it. Ill bump it again.
You dont know the stuff he is referring to, but you are lecturing everyone about what he meant? You ahve posted his quote about 115 times now, and you dont even know?

Reactions: killmode

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
You dont know the stuff he is referring to, but you are lecturing everyone about what he meant? You ahve posted his quote about 115 times now, and you dont even know?
I do. Read the thread.

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
Yes.

Larger? I doubt it. There are probably 3 coveys on that small piece.
video to picture says differently, but that is okay that Henry's turkey brrods are larger sized than your quail broods, makes sense with less predators around! I joogled - average quail eggs - 12-16 eggs and turkey average eggs is 4-17

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
I have one 15 turkey covey and one 18 turkey covey , plus some smaller coveys. How big is his quail covey?

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
I have one 15 turkey covey and one 18 turkey covey , plus some smaller coveys. How big is his quail covey?
I counted 5, but surely there were 25 as his habitat would be the higher side of the average!!! But, all kidding aside, cheers on a handful of quail!!

401 - 420 of 556 Posts