Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in a different post that I am kicking around the idea of getting rid of a semi auto shotgun for a pump.

Another option I may go for would be an over/under shotgun.

I don't follow them much, so what are some of the best over/under shotguns on the market now for the money. Would like to keep it to under $600-$700.

· Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1519366&tid=105952&author=Rebel]why would you get a pump?[/rquote]

not liking my 935 in this cold weather and tired of shooting a semi auto all the time.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,618 Posts
There are a bunch of em out there today....

CZ has a whole line of em, and they can be had in that price range. I don't think you will find one made in the USA for that price, most will be Turkish, Spanish, Russian, etc....

The CZ's go up in price, with the more bells and whistles you add to em, ejectors, over extractors, etc... I had a CZ bobwhite SxS and was happy with it, but it felt small in my hands...... They are made by Huglu in Turkey......

I am not sure who makes the Mossy O/U..... If you really wanna go that route, you may wanna keep you eyes open for a nice used one.....:thinking:

G

·
For a duck and goose gun look at stoeger o/u the break open is very tight but that wont matter if your not shooting 1000s of shells out of it

· Registered
4,760 Posts
Best for the money is the SKB for 1,000 dollars NIB from a dealer. Otherwise, find a deal on a good used Browning Citori or Beretta 686. O/U or SxS shotguns is one place were scrimping isn't a good idea.

· Registered
33,330 Posts
I think CZ are a good value for over/unders. They are one of the guns I want to add to my collection.

75,618 Posts
I agree with Mailman on the Citori's.... I bought a 28" Citori Grade I hunter back in 1985, and paid about $600 for it... I still have the box with the price tag on it.....:D I have killed a lot of ducks with it, and never once have I had one single problem with it.... Unless you wanna talk about the time I had some guy from the bootheel teasing me about my "pretty" shotgun......While he went on & on about how great his beat up ole pumper was..... Ya, his gun killed ducks, but then again, it didn't have the same feel as a Citori neither... Other than that, it's been dependable, and well worth the money spent. Not as pretty as some of the Beretta's and higher end Brownings.... But, a real shooter.

I have also read about Lanber O/U shotguns on a lot of other hunting forums..... When it comes to $6-700 O/U's the CZ's and to some extent these Lanber's keep coming up.:shrug:

I'd prolly go CZ, as they supposedly have excellent customer relations, and they are based out of KCMO in the USA.

75,618 Posts
BTW.....

Here is Lanber's website. These shotguns are made in Spain. Although, I don't know by what gunmaker......

In MO, according to their website, they are sold by Nassau in St. Charles, Powder Horn in Columbia, and Extreme Outdoors in Rhineland......

They have some really nice lookin guns on their website.....

Lanber Shotguns

Field & Stream Article that talks about the Lanber shotguns.

F&S article

[Edited on 12-22-2009 by callaojoe]

[Edited on 12-22-2009 by callaojoe]

[file]85965[/file]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.