Best of both worlds hunting arrow rest

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by sambo3006, Jun 1, 2009.

1. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    I used an NAP dropaway rest for 3 or 4 years and was very pleased with the perfect arrow flight, but wasn't satisfied with arrow capture. I switched to a Whisker Biscuit for the total arrow capture and have been pretty happy with it for two hunting seasons, but I just bought a rest that I think has the best of both worlds.
    The QAD Ultrarest combines both total arrow capture and total fletching clearance. A friend of mine has been using the Ripcord for several years which is basically the same design. Wish I would have listened to him sooner on how good the design is. No way the arrow can fall out of the rest thanks to the deep forks and overhead bar and silent draw thanks to the adhesive felt strips. The inertia system drops the rest out of the way at the shot but allows arrow let down without the rest dropping. Cool!
    I'm sure there are other rests out there that do basically the same thing. What a great time to be a bowhunter. These new arrow rests are simply awesome!

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Not to burst your bubble, but I myself and several others that I know had nothing but problems with the Ultra Rest. Biggest problem was that at release, the rest would not drop at all which did many wierd things to the arrow flight not to mention the noise. Pulled mine off after a dozen shots and gave it away. The Rip Cord on the other hand, I have heard notheing but good things. Just my experience with the Ultra Rest.

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I've had a different experience with the QAD than MoBowman. I couldn't be happier.

4. Trykon_Buck

Trykon_Buck Active Member

Unfortunately I had the same experience as MoBoman. The "drop-away" feature was hit & miss and I had a heck of a time with tuning/fletching clearance. Currently my QAD Pro is sitting in a box under my desk, and has been replaced w/ a Limbdriver. I know the Limbdriver isn't full containment, however, I've had absolutely zero problems w/ that rest and it's been performing flawlessly.

That being said, the QAD Ultra gets rave reviews over on ArcheryTalk; I wish you the best of luck w/ yours. :cheers:

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    my WB has no moving parts to fail...ever. nuff said

6. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1282541&tid=89731&author=Jeremy]my WB has no moving parts to fail...ever. nuff said[/rquote]

Same with my bodoodle.

7. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    wb all the way and u never have problems with the arrow falling when u draw back or move around

8. Bigbodyz

Bigbodyz New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    treestand sumwhere
    i had the problem of rest not falling on the ripcord so i bought a ultra and love it:cheers:

9. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    MoBowman,
    I have heard of a few stories like that and I plan to shoot the heck out of it this summer. My buddy's Ripcord has been completely trouble free for several years, so if I have problems with this one that will be my next rest.

10. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Biscuit. Switched to a Ripcord then to a QAD and ended up back with the Biscuit.