Best 100 dollar bino's at Bass Pro?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Vector, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    SOMEONE (not me) is looking to get the boys each a set of nice bino's for Christmas this year, and the limit is 100 dollars per set.

Not 125, 100. :D

They will be coming from Bass Pro.

Any suggestions on brand name and model?

They will primarily be used for turkey and deer hunting here in MO.

Parker

2. stlwolf

stlwolf New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Warren County
    They are a little higher sometimes....but I would check out the Nikons....you can never go wrong with them.

3. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1890862&tid=131712&author=stlwolf]They are a little higher sometimes....but I would check out the Nikons....you can never go wrong with them. [/rquote]

:scared: I don't think they will agree to share one pair.

Parker

4. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
  5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :shrug: :pop:

Parker

6. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    I bought a pair of bushnell h2o's for 30 bucks a couple of years ago and they have been great binos. I carry them hunting all the time on a crooked horn harness.

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I bought my boys Leupold Yosemites last year for Christmas.... Fogproof, rainproof, etc..

I got em for right at 100 per pair. For small objective lens bino's, they are really nice, and a lot easier to carry then my 10x42 bushnell legends.......

If I remember right, they are 8x30's.....:thinking:

8. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1890868&tid=131712&author=Parker][rquote=1890862&tid=131712&author=stlwolf]They are a little higher sometimes....but I would check out the Nikons....you can never go wrong with them. [/rquote]

:2thumbsup: How about these?!

http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-Realtree-Outdoors-10x25-Compact-Binoculars/product/101392/-1261389

Looks like they would stay out of the way of a bow string easily.

Parker[/rquote]

I have bought glasses like those in the past, and the eye strain can be almost brutal.... Make sure you try them out before buying....:shrug:

9. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Too bad you are stuck with BassPro.... I looked, and could not find the yosemites on their website, although... they could have em in the store....

Cabelas has the 8x30's on sale for $99. And, for a small package, these glasses rock.....

Cabelas Link to Yosemites

10. beagleboy6

beagleboy6 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Bates County
  11. stlwolf

stlwolf New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Warren County
    [rquote=1890868&tid=131712&author=Parker][rquote=1890862&tid=131712&author=stlwolf]They are a little higher sometimes....but I would check out the Nikons....you can never go wrong with them. [/rquote]

:2thumbsup: How about these?!

http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-Realtree-Outdoors-10x25-Compact-Binoculars/product/101392/-1261389

Looks like they would stay out of the way of a bow string easily.

Parker[/rquote]

I just saw those yesterday either there or Sports Authority on sale....for like 70.00

I would definetly look thru them first....but I do swear by Nikon products....never had a bad one...Bushnell is making some good products as well....Nikon is just one of my fav.

12. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
  13. NOTPOSTAL

NOTPOSTAL New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    If your getting these for the boys you might look at the Bushnell fixed focus 10x42, they aren't the best for real long range viewing but they are fine for anything in rifle range. My boys have these and I use them all the time myself.

14. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    nikon acton series they sell at wallmart for 69 bucks had mine for 7 years ive looked through binos that cost 3x amount and no comparison

15. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1890858&tid=131712&author=Parker]SOMEONE (not me) is looking to get the boys each a set of nice bino's for Christmas this year, and the limit is 100 dollars per set.

Not 125, 100. :D

They will be coming from Bass Pro.

Any suggestions on brand name and model?

They will primarily be used for turkey and deer hunting here in MO.

Parker[/rquote]

If they are coming to the bass pro in KC I'd recommend the Bushnell factory outlet in Lees Summit. Usually some GREAT deals on binocs.

16. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    It has to do with Bass Pro points being used rather than cash.

Parker

17. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    I have a pair of H20's by bushnell... I like but I am half blind anyway... and who needs binos for waterfowl hunting...

18. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Moberly,Mo
    my dad got me a set of 16x50 nikons for right at 100 bucks check out walmart and basspro dicks sporting goods walmart has good sales on nikons usually just my :02: