Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may have seen my last post about this little pistol.... This is a pocket sized 1911 style .25

I have recently acquired one and even went out and bought a box of ammo despite it being $18.00/box!!!:whinging::stirpot:

heres my deal:

I loaded a clip full and loaded the gun as if you would any other semi-auto 1911 style...worked the slide and chambered a round. I shot one round and everything seemed fine (shell casing ejected....gun automatically ****ed hammer and chambered one more round). I then went to pull the trigger again...wouldnt budge (it was as if there was a safety on...despite their not being one on the gun by design!! Consequently it would not fire....

here is what I know after taking the gun apart...

A. the sear and trigger mechanism APPEARS to be ok....

B. the recoil spring is broken and one side is protruding out past the grip on the right side of the gun (i believe this is the main problem)

can someone tell me why this would chamber a round but then not fire the round if the firing pin is not broke??? I may be wrong but something tells me the recoil spring is not the only issue!!!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!!:bowing::thinking:

sure would like to have this one back in working order!

thanks

C

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
maybed the recoil spring is in the way of some of the trigger? i dont have much knowledge about mouse guns :(.

Or maybe the firing pins stuck or loose because the recoil spring is broke?

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,689 Posts
The ammo may be a problem. I never shot a .25 that I didn't have to jack about every third round into the chamber. But I owned the Yugo of .25's!
I didn't know Beretta made a .25.
My first thought is to take it back where you bought it, and make them show you how it works well enough to pass muster.
Firearms are tools. Tools should work well out of the box. If they don't, take them back, and get your money, and go elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.