Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here from over that way? I'm looking at a piece of property over there next week and would like bounce some questions off ya....

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts
Yep I live just outside of Warsaw. Have 142 acres just south of Edwards. Taken some really nice deer over last 9 years.
Where in Benton County are you lookout by pretty big county.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This property sits just west of the Pomme arm of the lake...

Things I like:

Fishing for crappie, walleye, stripers/hybrids and big blue cats.

Hunting mature bucks. Don’t have to be Iowa giants, I’d be satisfied with a couple opportunities a year at a 150+.

Turkey hunting...How is the turkey population?

Predator hunting. Looks like some pretty good coyote country just to the west?

Not much of a waterfowl guy but my son and son-in-law are. I could get into it if it was good, I think?

Clean well water.

Things I don’t like:

Methheads stealing s#!t and tweekers at boat ramps.

Rude people.

Poaching.

High property taxes.

Liberals.

Reactions: Maddog3355

·
Registered
22,581 Posts

Things I like:

Hunting mature bucks. Don’t have to be Iowa giants, I’d be satisfied with a couple opportunities a year at a 150+.

Not much of a waterfowl guy but my son and son-in-law are. I could get into it if it was good, I think?

Clean well water.

Things I don’t like:

Rude people.

Poaching.

High property taxes.

Liberals.
I can support both of those lists!!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts

Things I like:

Clean well water.

Things I don’t like:

Rude people.

Poaching.

High property taxes.

Liberals.
Never hunted over that way. My property is around n SE part of county. Some big timber over that way few crop fields not many though. Bucks 150+ are not the common right n the area. Lots of bucks in the 120-130 range. We have taken two in nine years in the 140+ category. Have had few on camera that could be in 150s. Taken several n 130 range. Turkey population at least around me is good. Had great hatch this year have seen lots of young birds.
Crappie fishing is great on Truman. I don't catfish much but we drift below the dam when they are releasing lots of water.
Daughter got a blue that was right at 40lbs son got one last year about the same. My grandson got a 30lb fish this past June I got a 25 lb same day.
I retired down here in 2013 love it. I had hunting property in Putnam County right on Iowa border sold it and bought property here so I could hunt closer to my home. My property is 25 mins from my home. No regrets bigger deer north but have been very surprised with quality of bucks down here.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How’s the well water over that way?

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts
Really depends, where my home is located its great. Also where my hunting property is great water. Some areas have strong sulfur smell. Had a few acres for camping years ago off Z Hwy had a well drilled very strong sulfur smell.

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
I like Sapp's Landing area. Caught plenty fish and killed plenty critters. Not on the Main Lake but plenty fun.

oneshot

Reactions: PLOTBOSS

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I don’t know the area but I’m speaking for most of Missouri and your not going to get away from the meth heads they are like ****roaches , as soon as it gets dark they go to crawling around.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts
Did have a problem at my old farm on Iowa border. Actually had someone come in on backside of property and setup and cooked some Meth. Called sheriff he came out said more than likely came down from Des Moines. Said they were having major issues with people from that area coming down setting up in old farm houses. Most of the farmers started dozing under their old homesteads just to deter the meth heads. Believe it or not they could be held liable if someone got hurt while cooking meth! That was is early 2001-2003

Sent from my SM-G930V using Missouri Hunting mobile app

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya, not much of a problem where I’m at either. Just getting too danged busy since they paved the road. Houses popping up like mushrooms!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info @Triple Creek Hunter ! Looking at the property and area with the wife on Friday. Any good places to take an eclectic woman for lunch?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts