Benelli

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by DADAKOTA, May 22, 2009.

1. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    If you was gonna buy a Benelli would ya get an SBE 2 or an M2?

2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Im byest, I love the SBE2, never shot an M2

I always said it was a lot of money to spend on a shotgun and I just couldn't see how it was worth it ect. A deal came along that I couldn't pass up and holy cow :eek: that SBE2, for ducks I been shooting 3" BB's in late season and I can pick up a lot of multiples cause there is no recoil, you swing past the first duck touch the trigger and the gun is still right there, all you have to do is keep swinging and shoot #2. No re-aqquiring the target, no pump, nothing all you do is keep pointing and keep pulling the trigger :claphands:

3. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1271480&tid=89029&author=fishshooter]Im byest, I love the SBE2, never shot an M2

[/rquote]

What word is "byest" supposed to be? Holy crap, Fishy.

4. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
  5. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    It's less work to spell "one sided":roll2:

6. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I have an M-90 and love it. This one is for my Son for graduation.

7. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    now dada, show him you love him and buy him a barettax2. that will be my next shotgun purchase, for the wife of course. although subby has an sbe2 and he seems to love the thing. he even talks to it. i think it's name is laura.:D

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    sbe2..

one an only reason the trigger guard is bigger allowing for use of gloves easier in cold weather ;)

9. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1271538&tid=89029&author=winger]now dada, show him you love him and buy him a barettax2. that will be my next shotgun purchase, for the wife of course. although subby has an sbe2 and he seems to love the thing. he even talks to it. i think it's name is laura.:D[/rquote]

I ain't that bad :rof2:

10. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1271547&tid=89029&author=Rebel]sbe2..

one an only reason the trigger guard is bigger allowing for use of gloves easier in cold weather ;)[/rquote]

maybe, and i am just saying here, his fingers are smaller than yours.:peepwall::rof2:

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1271555&tid=89029&author=winger][rquote=1271547&tid=89029&author=Rebel]sbe2..

one an only reason the trigger guard is bigger allowing for use of gloves easier in cold weather ;)[/rquote]

maybe, and i am just saying here, his fingers are smaller than yours.:peepwall::rof2:[/rquote]

weather skinny or fat it helps home dog :D

ps, like you my next gun perchase will be an ber x2 as well :)

12. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    The M1/M2 series of 3" guns have fewer hiccups than the 3 1/2" SBE/SBE II guns. The SBE series guns are very, very, reliable, however, the few problems I hear of with a Benelli is nearly ALWAYS with the long 3 1/2" chambered SBE. The M1/M2 guns so rarely have any problems as to be nearly unheard of. I would really, really, consider if I had any real need for the long 3 1/2" shell and if not then I would go with the M2 in a heartbeat. In fact, if I really had need for a 3 1/2" shell I would get a .10 gauge over any long .12 gauge. The .10 gauge will pattern better and recoil less. The M2 with modern shotshells will easily do about 90+% of any sane shotgun shooting needs.