Benelli Auto loader

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by kcraider21, Feb 8, 2006.

1. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    One day I would love to own a Benelli auto loader. Does anyone have any experiences with these? What models are the best for the money?

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    SBE baby! As long as you've got the moolah! What do they run now, about $1100?

By the way, I'm assuming you're talking about a shotgun?

3. Yeah i was looking at them today. The shop here in town is selling some stoegers at a good price. they seem to be a good autoloader for the price. And im a big mossberg man but i was checking out the 935 today and it didnt feel that great. But they had a howa autoloader brand new in synthetic and blued it was brand new and seemed like a well built gun for 350. But one of these days when i can talk my wife into a second job i will own a benelli.

chad

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I think you really mean when "YOU" get a second job.

5. Your right it was just wishfull thinking. It took me two years to get her to get out and get one job. She thought just because i made good money she could not work and have more time to spend it.

6. lwardlow

lwardlow Member

Dec 10, 2005
    independence,mo
    sounds like he is working 2 jobs now

7. Nope just one good one.:smiley:

8. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    Stoeger M-2000 is basically a $ 1000 Montefeltro for $350+. Field and Stream is quoted " the return rate on the Vursan's( Stoeger's) is less than Benelli's.

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    The super black eagle is a good one and I think they go for about $1200.
    I'm looking at autoloaders myself and I'm thinking really hard about the Franchi I-12. You should check it out. It is inertia and not gas driven so it isn't front heavy like the benelli tends to be. I really like it and it's almost half the price.

10. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    Get the Inertia Drive for 1/3 the price.

11. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I think you can pick up that new Franchi for right around $600

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    i do love my mossy 935.. heavy as sin, but shoots pretty sweet... and is i think i paid 450ish

13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Rebel---
    How does it shoot lighter loads for you...like 2 3/4" shells?

And what's the performance on with other shells---in your experiences.

Sorry all-----:smiley:

14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I had a 20 ga. Montifeltro Benelli....awesome gun...sold it, and now have a Super 90 in 20 ga. ordered....Montifeltro had a wood stock, Super 90 has composite, and also a taller vent rib. Have also shot a SBE...all are really good guns, all it takes is money!!! They claim to be the fastest cycling autoloader around...holding the world record for hand thrown claybirds....ever see Tom Knapp shoot those??? Pretty amazing!!!

15. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man i would like to have a good auto loader. i sure didn't know howa was making shotguns now have to look at those. i have to say the breatta's are pretty nice too.

16. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I just read the other day that there is a new record for hand thrown clays. Not sure what the guy was shooting.
    Tom Knapp is a shooting freak! I actually saw him on a pheasant hunt that was televised and was amazed...because he missed so many birds!

17. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I got to shoot a super black eagle when we were dove hunting this last year when I didn't pack enough 20 guage shells for my hunt.....MAN WHAT A GUN! Everything is just SO smooth!

Parker

18. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    I shot a A390 Bereta last fall and walked away wanting one. it is cheaper than the benelli. i wouldn't turn my nose to either of them.

19. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    To be quite honest, i have yet to try any 2 and 3/4"ers yet.. I hear stories of it not cycling with them, so i actually havent even tried them. I figured ive got enough other guns when i wanna shoot smaller shells.

It shoots "light" 3" shells just fine, no problems at all.. But it just got me to thinking I was going to pattern my gun on some new shells tomorrow, if i can remember, ill shoot some 2 3/4" shells through it and see how it does. The only downfall that ive heard is not bad, but just doesnt cycle properly..

Performance wise, its pretty good. Mine, for whatever reason, tends to pattern federal shells much better then any other brand.. not sure if its the hull or what, but its something. That and it likes the average speed shells, you know the 1300 fps versus 1400fps.. for whatever reason it tends to pattern the 1300's better.. Did i miss anything?

20. settermollieb

settermollieb New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    warrenton,mo
    when i got my Montifeltro 12 gu, the guy gave me a box of heavy loads and told me yo shoot these before i shot any light loads, kicks them all out, had it for 10 years