Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife said Squirrels had to go around the House.

Grey was in the Back Yard. I got my .22 and shot it. Cleaned it.

Wasn't easy wit one good Arm but got it done.

oneshot

:cool: The Big Grin was in hiding.

·
Registered
31,577 Posts
Why do you have to clean your own squirrels? Isn't that what your mother in law is for?

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you have to clean your own squirrels? Isn't that what your mother in law is for?
She passed away from COVID but she wouldn't do it anyway.

oneshot

:cool: The Big Grin cleans up guts.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,511 Posts
What method do you use to clean your squirrels? Dunk em in water and split em up the middle, or the tail method?

Sorry to hear of you Mother in Laws death, although maybe you are not.... :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What method do you use to clean your squirrels? Dunk em in water and split em up the middle, or the tail method?

Sorry to hear of you Mother in Laws death, although maybe you are not.... :cool::cool:
Me myself just make a cut across the back and pull the hide in different directions and the hide comes completely off the body. Then just cut the head off and tail, feet and then gut it. And it’s also better to do just after you shoot them. I carry a small playmate cooler with ice and a gallon ziplock bag.
Mark

·
Registered
31,577 Posts
Sounds like the covids aren't all bad.

• Haha
Reactions: callaojoe

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me myself just make a cut across the back and pull the hide in different directions and the hide comes completely off the body. Then just cut the head off and tail, feet and then gut it. And it’s also better to do just after you shoot them. I carry a small playmate cooler with ice and a gallon ziplock bag.
Mark
That is the way I do it.

Got another. Find it hard to aim my rifle.

oneshot
:cool: The Big Grin had Pulled Pork for Lunch.

·
1,445 Posts
That is the way I do it.

Got another. Find it hard to aim my rifle.

oneshot
:cool: The Big Grin had Pulled Pork for Lunch.
If you cut from the bottom of the tail across on the base of it, you can then step on the tail and pull the back legs. Hide comes off everything except on the hind legs. Head gets cut off with all the hide attached. Hind legs are stripped off pretty easy with your fingers or pliers.

Reactions: Clucker

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,511 Posts
Bucket O'Water method.... I've done the slit the tail method before, just don't cut too deep and pull the tail completely off. Although, if you do that, you can fall back to the bucket of water method, as you cut the tail off anyway. :D

Reactions: justindh1

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a hard time, split across the Back, held with my Thigh, pulled half the Hide off then turn it around.

Might be getting more use in my Bad Arm. They operated on it for 8 hours an said it will take about a year to heal. All of a sudden it has been hurting on back side of my Arm to the end of my little Finger.

oneshot

:cool: Did anyone notice the Big Grins Arms? He didn't either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts