Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been holding it all in the past few weeks while he's been hanging on, but this morning my grandpa and one of my best buds passed away.

I got to see him one last time last week, and it was devastating

He has been in really bad shape recently. He was in the last stages of alzheimers and had no clue what was going on. He had numerous strokes in the past couple weeks which literally paralyzed him. The only time he opened his eyes in the last week, was when the priest came to give his "last rights". I really think after that he knew it was okay to go to heaven.

He was my fishing and hunting buddy up until a few years ago when he couldnt get out there anymore, so many memories

I wont be at work probably the rest of the week, but as soon as i get back ill take care of everybody as i promised.

I left work today when i got the call, i admit i kind of lost it. I gotta go to meet with the whole family later and be there for my dad. This has been a long process, and im glad he's in a better place but this is hard to take.

:frown:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:whinging:

I'm sorry to hear this 10-pointer.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Prayers are with you and your's Jason... :frown:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
sorry to hear tenpointer,just never forget his memories and help the family

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hang in there man, I know it really sucks! Your Grandfather will always be with you by continuing to practice the values and things he taught you and I'm sure enjoyed so much. I still think about my Grandfather every time I go fishing--what great memories and how luck we were to get to spend the time we did with them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry to hear this 10pointer prayers sent your way.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I am sorry too 10 point,I know about the tough days before, my wifes grandfather had althiemerz too,its rough but just remember the good days and not the bad ones, keep a smile on ya for he is with ya everytime you hunt or fish,when the wind blows and the leaves dont move you know he is there,good luck and god bless you and your family

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.