Bear Hunting

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Porkchopsandwiches, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Porkchopsandwiches

Porkchopsandwiches New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    In September, two friends and I are off to Ontario, Canada for a bear hunt. Needless to say I'm a little concerned about trying to kill something that can eat me. But this is a great opportunity and I'd really like to have the experience. Any addvice besides don't get eaten?

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    awesome !! bowhunt ?

I'm wanting to go again, been once was not successful.

Good luck and don't worry about getting eaten, just think of the stories that can be told about you if it happens !

3. Porkchopsandwiches

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    Yup! My Vtec and I hope to be successful! I don't think I'll pick up a rifle to hunt for a long time.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good luck. Sounds like a awesome trip..........:cheers:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Get a biggun, and I'll measure that skull for ya!!! Sounds like a fun trip to me!!!!

6. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    Hope you have better luck than I did on my "bear hunt."

I bowhunted in northern Arkansas a few years ago, where the RESIDENT RIFLE success rate was, at the time, 2%.

Needless to say we did not even see a bear. But it was a great hunt anyway.

7. Porkchopsandwiches

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    I'm accurate up to 45-50 yards and I'm most likely going to go with NAP's Thunderhead broadhead at 100 gr. Do bears "jump" bow strings like deer do?

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I love those Thunderheads....I've helped cape and or butcher alot of deer thru the years, and they take NO prisoners!!! Having not hunted bears, but watched alot of videos, and read even more, I have never heard of a bear jumping the string....hunt the wind, and pick your shot....if hunting over bait, your shot SHOULD be closer than 45-50 yds.

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Have a great time!!! Take pics!!!