Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen anybody putting in any beans north of the river in the last few days?
This will be my first time drilling some RR beans on some hill ground, didnt know if its a little early. Ground is around low 60's ,I think its suppose to be around 65. Turkey hunting in the morning then possibly drilling beans in the afternoon.

Good luck to all hunting this last weekend!!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
its been pretty wet the last week or so but you can bet your butt as soon as the weather breaks farmers will be planting beans like crazy

about 20 percent of the beans are already in the ground in north missouri as of last sunday which is a bit behind last year but right in line with the average.

any time you can get them in now you should be ok as far as time goes who knows what is early last year i know lots of guys in central mo that had beans planted before corn????? i tend to think may 15 till the end of may is about best but some guys like to get them in earlyier in case it get dry

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its been blowing like the ****ens with low humidity, Im checking the fields and then going for it, if its dry!!!
Thanks for the comments folks!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i was hunting some goverment today norht of 36 and noticed they have beans sproutiing in some of their plots already.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Originally posted by Wooddust
better becareful....soil temps and wet could be bad conditions for beans...no need to hurry
Tis the truth... all good things to those who wait.

·
Registered
777 Posts
you guys are acting all scared. Beans are one tough dude and if its dry now I would not be scared one bit from planting. Heck, maybe I am crazy though b/c I got beans planted on April 17 that have there first trifoliate out. Honestly though, most Date of Planting stuff (central MO) that I have seen on beans here in Missouri show anywhere from late april to mid May will all yield the same and starting about the 20th of May you start losing yield. Now that is about 10 years of data averaged out but I would rather play the averages than try to out guess mother nature.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I saw some beans being drilled early last week north of the river. They were on worked ground, I'm sure the notill ground was still a bit wet at the time. I would say it's all dry by now though....giterdone!!!!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ground was just right yesterday....got the beans and forage sorghum drilled...but no turkey, oh well..now to take momma out to ameristar for buffet.
Happy Mothers day...all you moms!!!

·
just a no body
15,607 Posts
Originally posted by MUHunter
you guys are acting all scared. Beans are one tough dude and if its dry now I would not be scared one bit from planting. Heck, maybe I am crazy though b/c I got beans planted on April 17 that have there first trifoliate out. Honestly though, most Date of Planting stuff (central MO) that I have seen on beans here in Missouri show anywhere from late april to mid May will all yield the same and starting about the 20th of May you start losing yield. Now that is about 10 years of data averaged out but I would rather play the averages than try to out guess mother nature.
I used to push seed for GOLDEN HARVEST..with the wet cool weather I'd say let the ground dry up a good bit & possibly warm up too..that Sudden Death can suck ..no harm tho if its jus food plot plantin tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.