Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 beagles that are getting ready to turn 2 in april. They are REALLY good natured beagles. They listen well for a beagle and are VERY friendly. I have had them for a little over a year now and the only reason I am getting rid of them is because I have not been able to get them started rabbit hunting. The mother and father of these three dogs run well, but I can't seem to get these to start. I just recently bought two new beagles that are already running. They don't all have to go together, they can be taken seperately. They just went to the vet last friday and are up to date with all shots. U2U me if you are interested or have questions. I check MWT very frequently and will get back with you soon. I will post a pic of one of them. They are all marked pretty much the same. I can get a pic of each one if someone is interested.

[file]94867[/file]

The all look like the tri-colored on the left:2thumbsup:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Hey D are the gun shy?

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Cool cool!

Just thought maybe that's why they don't hunt.

My Grandpa had a Britney Spaniel once he paid a small fortune for. That thing would hunt the birds but as soon as a gun went off so did the dog!

BTH

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope definately not it. They have all been out several times with running dogs. They seem to hunt off and on with the dogs and they have all even sight chased several rabbits, but they won't track them. I won't say that they won't hunt because I am by no means an expert. As I said their mom and dad both run rabbits well. I am just going to say that I couldn't get them going.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i have a starting pen here and have started a bunch...some take more time than others to put it all together i have seen dogs start as late as four years..

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
[rquote=1585465&tid=110006&author=ghbeagles]i have a starting pen here and have started a bunch...some take more time than others to put it all together i have seen dogs start as late as four years..[/rquote]
HEY GHB, IF I END UP WITH ONE OF THESE DOGS THEN I MIGHT HIT YA UP FOR SOME ADVICE ON TRAINING IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I'LL HAVE IS TIME TO GET OUT AND RUN EM LIKE YA SHOULD. WE'LL SEE.
:smiley:

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1585465&tid=110006&author=ghbeagles]i have a starting pen here and have started a bunch...some take more time than others to put it all together i have seen dogs start as late as four years..[/rquote]

I may not get rid of all 3 but would like to for sure get rid of 2. I picked up some rabbits from JR and once we have some baby rabbits I may still put the dogs in the starting pen with some rabbits. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
them rabbits he ha run good but give them a few eeks in the pen to build up their muscles then they run a whole lot better...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
[rquote=1585471&tid=110006&author=SHORTSHOT][rquote=1585465&tid=110006&author=ghbeagles]i have a starting pen here and have started a bunch...some take more time than others to put it all together i have seen dogs start as late as four years..[/rquote]
HEY GHB, IF I END UP WITH ONE OF THESE DOGS THEN I MIGHT HIT YA UP FOR SOME ADVICE ON TRAINING IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I'LL HAVE IS TIME TO GET OUT AND RUN EM LIKE YA SHOULD. WE'LL SEE.
:smiley:[/rquote]
just give me a holler ill help all i can

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1585937&tid=110006&author=Trad-hunter]I have been lookin to get some beagles if it wasnt so stinkin far away![/rquote]

If you are planning on coming near columbia in the future let me know. The classic is coming up here soon... Maybe that would be a good excuse for you to come this way:thinking::D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
hell ill train all your hounds if you let me hunt that buck in your avatar dforbis:cheers:

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can if you want, but don't hold your breath. I got that T-cam pick in 06-07. I doubt you would even recognize him now lol. And you would have a hard time believing where I got that pic at too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.