BassPro sale flyer

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by FiremanBrad, Jan 31, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I got a flyer in the mail today, and they have a Remington 700SPS on sale in it....$419.88. You can get it in .204, .223, .243, and 22-250. Not a big sale, only 20 bucks off, but someone lately was looking for a good varmint gun.

ALSO, for $449.88, a Springfield Armory XD series package, in 9mm or .40 cal. 4" black barrel. Package has gun, clip, cable lock, and a cheap holster....anybody have any experience with this line of guns???

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I'd like to handle the mossberg over and under in 28 guage:banana:

:cheers::cheers:

3. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    you got lots of quail hidden?

just courious other than the fact it is another gun;) what would be a use for a 28 guage?

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

A friend of mines dad had one. That about sums it up:rotfl: He always said we would get it out and shoot it sometime,,and sometime never got here.

If I was really going to buy,,it would probably be the 20, just for practicality,,,,but a 28 would be nice,,"just because":D

:cheers::cheers:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I didn't even know Mossberg made an over under....looks like a pretty gun. That 28 would be fun bird hunting....would be a sweet rabbit gun too!!!

6. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I hear a guy who works for me that shoots a lot of trap and skeet talk about 28's a lot?

7. Just talked to a guy last weekend that swears by a 28 guage o/u for quail hunting. Think I'll stick w/ a 20 personally as I can't recollect seeing much 28 ga. shells for sale on the shelf???

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    My bro used to work at a trap and skeet club in the STL area. He said some of those guys would come in with some REAL fancy 28 ga's. I've heard a lot of quail hunters swear by them, also.

9. The guy I was talking to is a member of our church and hosted a church dinner at his horse ranch and was showing off his impressive collection of firearms including a whole collection of weatherby (athens I believe) o/u's from a .410 to a .12 ga, but swore that .28 ga is pretty much the best shooter out of the group. Talk about some sweet feeling guns and threw up to to the shoulder and swung as smooth a melted butter.

10. cgebhard

cgebhard Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Springfield XD\'s 449.00

I have an XD they are on par with glocks. I know that will get the glock people up in arms. Some trade rag (about 4 months ago) did a torture test on the XD's. The did everything and more to them than the glock test with no problems.

I have personally beat the cr@p out of mine punching out the rear sight to put in a new night sight. Mounted the sights up, took it out to shoot never missed a beat.

If you are looking at the 9mm or the 40 sw, I would suggest the 40, you can buy a drop in 9mm barrel and shoot both out of the gun. I bought the 9mm and I can't go up to the 40 sw.

Great guns and accurate too.:eek:

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

cge, good info, just what I was lookin for...I've been lookin at the XD's for quite awhile now, have read alot about them but haven't heard any personal accounts. Thanks!!!

12. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Mossberg doesn't make an over & under. If they did I'd consider one....

The silver reserves are made by Kayhan Industries, a Turkish company.... I've only read mixed reviews on the quality of these guns.. I'd personally like to see a mid-range, $500 O/U made here in the USA, but I'm unaware if one exists.

Here's a link to a F&S article on Turkish guns that mentions the Silver Reserve. This article gives it a good review...

F&S article on Turkish guns

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Oh well, I think Mossbergs are junk anyway!!!