Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Bass Pro Waders

353 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Scott63401 
#1 ·
My wife through away the latest ad from Bass Pro because she thinks that'll stop me. So I'm working from memory here.

They have a pair of Redhead waders, I believe 1000 gr thinsulate, in 2 camo patterns for $150...normally $200.

First question, are these decent waders? Second, is that a good deal?

My only duck hunting is in flooded timber in NE Ark right after Christmas. The pair I borrow is 1000 gr from Cabelas.

If the deal or the waders isn't all that good I'll just keep borrowing.

#3 ·
[rquote=1483379&tid=103703&author=Rebel]Good deal compared to the normal cost.

Pro's warm, very flexible

Cons.. the boots are tremendously heavy compared to others, there is little to no protection around the ankles the way they are made.

I owned a pair for a couple seasons and got rid of em due to the heaviness of the boots.[/rquote]

Good to know. Thanks.

#5 ·
i had a pair, lasted me a couple of years which is good for my waders for some reason. i agree with reb, the boots are a little on the heavy side, not like cynder block heavy but heavy. not the no protection around the ankles i think is a plus. the boots on most waders kills my ankles when standing in a good amount of water. the pressure gets to rubbin them the wrong way. these waders i had not problems with. heck i am trying to patch the seams on them so i can still use them as a back up pair.

#6 ·
i had a pair, lasted me a couple of years which is good for my waders for some reason. i agree with reb, the boots are a little on the heavy side, not like cynder block heavy but heavy. not the no protection around the ankles i think is a plus. the boots on most waders kills my ankles when standing in a good amount of water. the pressure gets to rubbin them the wrong way. these waders i had not problems with. heck i am trying to patch the seams on them so i can still use them as a back up pair.

#7 ·
Thanks Winger. Good to know your thoughts.

One of the spots I hunt is a walk in area. On dry land for about 1/2 mile and in the water for about 1/4 mile. The heavy boot makes this a little tougher.

The other spot the boat goes right up to the hole. The boot wouldn't matter there.

Last year the water wasn't high enough for the boat-in spot. The walk really sucked. I'm guessing this year we'll get to ride in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.