Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Hawk Hibernator
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A joint venture led by Sansome Pacific, a real estate investment firm based in San Francisco, has acquired 11 locations of outdoor sports retailer Cabela's for $324.3 million.
The transaction was structured as a sale-leaseback with the seller, Bass Pro Shops, which owns the Cabela's brand. The 11-property portfolio spans 1.6 million square feet on 227 acres. Bass Pro Shops is based in Springfield, Missouri; Cabela's is based in Sidney, Nebraska. The specific locations of the 11 stores were not disclosed.
B+E brokered the deal, claiming it as the largest transaction ever brokered by a digital sales platform. Co-founders Camille Renshaw and Scott Scurich are longtime real estate brokers who founded the company in 2017.
The program "uses artificial intelligence to track the most active buyers in the real-time, net-lease market, much as stock and bond software tracks institutional investors," according to the company. "The algorithm evaluates a buyer's past purchases, as well as current acquisition criteria and dollars raised that must be allocated within a given year."
Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela's in 2017 in a blockbuster, $5.5 billion deal. The merger brought together three of the nation's top outdoor sporting brands: Cabela's, which specializes in hunting; Bass Pro Shops, which specializes in fishing; and White River Marine Group, a Bass Pro Shops company that specializes in boating. At the time of sale, the combined portfolio of the three brands totaled 184 stores in the U.S. and Canada.

· Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I cut up my Cabela's card, but still have some points I need to use, then I am done with them! They quit carrying the shirts I used to buy and refused to honor a "lifetime" warranty on a pair of Cabela's boots. Cabela's had a loyal customer base, but the changes they are making are alienating many of them. I think J.M screwed up by buying Cabela's and turning them into more BPS stores that carry cheap chinese made crap like BPS carries

1,533 Posts
BPS ain't not different than Cabela's. They both suck and charge way too much and are looking to squeeze any penny they can get from their customers or anyone else in their path. WOW museum is really a joke and just a way to stuff as many people in a small area to get $40 a pop.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I love the cabelas camping cot I got at bass pro.

· Registered
13,461 Posts
BPS ain't not different than Cabela's. They both suck and charge way too much and are looking to squeeze any penny they can get from their customers or anyone else in their path. WOW museum is really a joke and just a way to stuff as many people in a small area to get $40 a pop.
You're the first person I've heard to have a negative opinion of the Wonders of Wildlife Museum. I'm hoping to go check it out sometime this summer when I get a free weekend to run down there.

· Super Moderator
28,586 Posts
You're the first person I've heard to have a negative opinion of the Wonders of Wildlife Museum. I'm hoping to go check it out sometime this summer when I get a free weekend to run down there.
The WOW is absolutely stunning and better that the Chicago Aquarium. The level of detail and 4D experiences and quality of display, and everything about the WOW is 1st class. Now, if tyou want to BPS line of goods is junk, I wouldn't argue, but the Wonders of Wildlife is simply amazing!

1,533 Posts
It's not that I don't like the museum but most of it is like a fake zoo with stuffed animals. The aquariums are nice and really well done as well as everything else. If I want to look at animals, I prefer to having them alive. Nothing against the museum at all really.

The start of the place being a public private owned entity, the shut down/renovation, and the keeping things hidden from even the city doesn't sit right with me. I just feel like the place is all set up by Morris to his advantage at the start with public funds from tax money, even tho they decided to repay and make it all private. The original facility broke ground in 99 and opened in 2001. Opened for a few year and shut down in 2007. Remodeled, went completely private, and then finally opened with $40+ tickets.

I live close to bass pro and have grown up with it when it was found in a lot of liquor stores while still only having its lone springfield store. Price were reasonable for quality products. Its changed so much in the last 25 years since building outside of Missouri.

· Registered
13,104 Posts
Justindh1 I too am old enough to remember the original store. Basically a big old open air warehouse. You are correct in that it isn't even close to being the same. It is now run on the Wal-mart business model - Buy cheap stuff cheaply - mark it up and then sell in volume = maximize profit.

Reactions: Skduckhunt

· Registered
13,461 Posts
I've used quite a few BPS fishing products and was satisfied with them, but I am not a fan of their hunting clothing and gear. I've always thought Cabelas had pretty decent stuff when it came to hunting clothes though.

If BPS/Cabelas has a good sale going for something I need, I will buy there or if I just happen to be stopping by on my way to Branson then I will grab it. Nearly all of your online retailers these days has free or cheap 1 or 2 day shipping and better pricing anyways.

· Registered
13,461 Posts
It's not that I don't like the museum but most of it is like a fake zoo with stuffed animals. The aquariums are nice and really well done as well as everything else. If I want to look at animals, I prefer to having them alive. Nothing against the museum at all really.
The aquarium part is what I am really interested in. I'm with you on the animal deal. Would rather seem them alive.

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
i don't think I have bought anything from cabelas in a couple of years quality went down , prices went up. Same way with bp I have one pretty close and the wife keeps asking why don't you go there anymore, my answer generally is I stay away from crap that's cheap made and go more to local owners places and give them my money and online.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.