Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

bass pro or cabelas?

2K views 45 replies 39 participants last post by  Drenalinjunky 
#1 ·
Which place do you guys and gals prefer. I got to say cabelas is my favorite bar none due to the excelent customer service. I also feel they have better sale ads.

#2 ·
You said it well... Cabela's is HANDS DOWN a better store.

There isn't one thing about BPS I like better than Cabela's!

:woot::cheers:

#8 ·
[rquote=1509901&tid=105323&author=DeereMan]I voted cabelas but I have to say that Bass Pro had gotten more of my money because it's a lot closer. They like it when you're buying stuff at Bass Pro and pay for it with a Cabelas credit card.[/rquote]ditto:cheers:

#9 ·
i like cabelas, but for me to hit the store i drive 2hrs BP is like 40 minutes away

#11 ·
Both of them are vastly overpriced-- for any of you guys around KC that haven't been to Roger's Sporting Goods in Liberty, MO---you're missing out. You'll feel a lot better about your purchase. They're all nice people, a lot more knowledgeable about the products than some of these Cabelas idiots, and the prices will make your jaw drop.

#12 ·
I like Cabela's. And their pricing isn't out of line on most things.

Although my last great deal was at Bass Pro in Independence. Last spring I bought a Browning Gold Hunter 12 ga. 3 1/2" for $600 NIB. These have been discontinued for about 2-3 years. You couldn't find one anywhere for less than $800 and those were mostly used one.

#14 ·
wal-mart:D

#16 ·
[rquote=1509901&tid=105323&author=DeereMan]I voted cabelas but I have to say that Bass Pro had gotten more of my money because it's a lot closer. They like it when you're buying stuff at Bass Pro and pay for it with a Cabelas credit card.[/rquote]

Ditto here....interest rate is lower using the Cabelas card plus BP is only 10 minutes from my house and Cabelas is 35 minutes....but Cabelas has used guns plus lots lots more reloading supplies.

#18 ·
Cabela's has a lot more selection than BP on a lot of things. I think BP is a more interesting place to go. Cabela's also sends out a lot more promotional discounts than BP does... This is what Cabela's has over Roger's Sporting Goods too. With that being said, I'll admit that Roger's beats the price of Cabela's and BP even with promotional discounts if you just keep your eye out for sales. We picked up a stand this spring for $130 or so at Roger's that never got below $220 at Cabela's even on sale. I'll continue to give my money to Roger's as long as they don't jack up their prices to pay for their new building.

#19 ·
[rquote=1509939&tid=105323&author=chillicothe#1]I dont like any of them cause they usually dont have my size. Maybe I should cut down on the :cheers:. :D[/rquote]

What size?

I get the 3x talls and since Bass Pro carries those, I get a lot of my clothes from there.

Other than clothes, I think Cabela's may have the upper hand for hunting and Bass Pro is better for fishing. Since they opened the one in Independence, it's only minutes away so I go there 95% of the time now. I did buy a gun from the Cabela's in St. Louis County while using my Bass Pro credit card.

#24 ·
[rquote=1509901&tid=105323&author=DeereMan]I voted cabelas but I have to say that Bass Pro had gotten more of my money because it's a lot closer. They like it when you're buying stuff at Bass Pro and pay for it with a Cabelas credit card.[/rquote]

I have done that too......:hysterical::rof2:

#26 ·
[rquote=1509928&tid=105323&author=Drenalinjunky]Both of them are vastly overpriced-- for any of you guys around KC that haven't been to Roger's Sporting Goods in Liberty, MO---you're missing out. You'll feel a lot better about your purchase. They're all nice people, a lot more knowledgeable about the products than some of these Cabelas idiots, and the prices will make your jaw drop.[/rquote]

I agree with ya totally about Roger's Sporting goods. Best prices on everything hands down!! As far as Bass Pro or Cabelas it really just depends on the day and what I am looking for. Thats just my :02:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.