Bass Pro and Cabelas

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by rat, Sep 12, 2017.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Does anyone know when (maybe already has) this will close and what will become of folks cabelas club visa cards? It looks like the FTC approved. The points system at cabelas never expires but I thought I heard that the bp ones do at some point.

Hate this btw.

Rojo likes this.
  2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005

3. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
  4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I had Cabelas I'm sure you all remember that LOL and I have a BP card altho I never use it.. BP points did have a shelf life last time I had some points. I think a year.

I have another "Go To" that does not limit what I buy with my points but am curious to find out how they handled this merger and their individual cards.
    I have to think the way things have been handled the Cabelas customers will get the short end but I hope not.

5. Wapit1

Wapit1 New Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Just talked w/ a bps employee, rumor is ol' Jonny is supposed to take the keys from cabelas at the end of this month. I've got a bunch of cabelas point burning a hole in my pocket might have to take a trip to the closest one!

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea, I'm thinking I will use them before I lose them.

7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Just used mine this week.

8. Lazarus

Lazarus Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Needmore, serious
    Better use your points on some good Cabela's brand merchandise. It sure won't be quality merchandise shortly after the merger.

9. HomebrewDad

HomebrewDad Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Now there's officially no reason to go to St. Louis Outlet Mall.

10. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I received a phone call today from a rep concerning my Visa. Visa no longer will be the credit holder. It will change to Capitol One. All gift cards and points will be redeemed during this "seamless" transition. Is what I've read and have been told .

11. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

interesting since the Bass Pro CC is a Bank of America Visa .. I thought there was Visa/MasterCard/ America Express & Discover?.. never knew Cap1 was their own breed.

12. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Store takeover Oct. 8 from what I've heard.

WBF likes this.
  13. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I've had a Cabellas card for sometime now and it was always a Visa. Here's the excerpt where they talk about Capitol One. There's more info in the link I posted:
    Cabellas will merge with Bass Pro Shops and, upon closing of the transaction, will begin a multi-year partnership with Capital One whereby Capital One will exclusively service the Cabela's CLUB Visa card. Additional details regarding this announcement can be found here http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=177739&p=irol-irhome in our news release.

beanpile likes this.
  14. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I haven't seen an actual date as of yet. From the open letter they are going to stay separate entities and honor all points obtained on your credit card (if your a holder) and honor all gift cards. Sounds like the are going to try and make it as seamless as possible. I guess we will see!

15. Wapit1

Wapit1 New Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Bps said they were not accepting cabelas points at this time and did not have a date set yet. I'm sure it will take some time to synchronize computer systems and such. I'm going to feel better about the merger going into it with a zero balance.

16. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    From the way I understand it, BP and Cabelas will remain separate entities. So BP points will be honored at BP and Cabelas points at Cabelas. So no commingling of points between the two stores for now. So really nothing new there. I'm just glad they are going to honor the points period! But I'm like you, when I caught wind of the merger I spent my points to be safe.

17. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    Bass Pro CC is a Bank of America Mastercard.

Cabelas is a Visa

Last year I was worried because my Cabelas points had built up to nearly $1000, so I bought a crossbow and a gun with the points and switched over to using my BP card. I think the Gander Mt CC was more of a risk with the points, I had to basically waste my small amount of points on unmemorable junk.

18. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    They better not jack with my Cabela's point! I put everything on there and only keep a BPS card as a backup. It takes forever to built up the $10 minimum on the BPS card to be able to use the points. Cabela's offers far more items that interest me than BPS does anyways.

19. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

Slight change of subject but, Do you guys that use these BP and Cabela's cards feel like you are doing better on rewards than say, the 2% cashback you can get with other credit cards?