Barometric Pressure

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Crappie, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

What is your favorite reading on the barometer for fish activity? i.e. 29. rising

2. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    You are serious my friend! and I like it!!! I havent really noticed a big defference in BP for crappie but I havent paid as much attention as when bass fishing tournaments either. I am interested in hearing some ideas on this.:confused:

3. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Yeah before and during a Front is better than after it... :peepwall:

4. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I know that a blue bird sky keeps bass tight to cover and a over cast day spreads them out But not sure about those crappie, I agree before a front and its tough after for sure.

5. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Most anything above 28 and below 31 works for me.

Kind of like a buddie of mine that refused to fish if the wind was blowing from the East-----He never caught anything-----cause he was sitting at home complaining about the wind direction!:cheers:

There are a lot of time when the baramoter is rising or falling that will jump the bite into High Gear------:cheers:

6. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    Can't give you an exact pressure, but the best freshwater fishing I have had has been during very low pressures, even during the rain. With a wind from the west (seriously).

7. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    When there is a long spell of low pressure. At least 3 days! Always be on the water the last couple of hours before the high pressure comes in. After the high is in the bites over! Thats fish in the freezer!:D