Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these bullets? Are they as devastating as they claim to be? Would they be good to hunt coyotes with or would they have too little expansion for their smaller size? Any info will help. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't looked at the price to load my own yet. I just looked at the Federal factory load and they are not cheap. I think I just might stay with my Hornady 55 grain soft points. They haven't let me down yet. I just thought that maybe these would have some extra butt-kicking smack down power.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
If the Hornady soft points haven't let you down I'd stay with them. I don't think you would gain anything switching to the BTS for coyotes. BTS's are designed for deep penetration & maximun weight retention on big game. As for cost BTS's will cost $45- $50 per hundred, Hornady's under $20.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,002 Posts
I used em in my .270 Win for a couple a years, worked pretty good. Deer were just as dead with them, as any other bullet I've used on whitetails.... :thinking:

One thing for sure, though, the really liked being seated very close to the rifling...... At least in my rifle they did....:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.