Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,631 Posts
Are you wanting to use them like jugs or use the balloon float on a rod and reel?

What would be the advantage of either?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on a rod and real. What we were planning on doing since we go to the river a lot is go up in a cove and let the current hold it up. I think it would help if the bait were halfway down inted of right on the bottom.

·
5,631 Posts
We fish like that a lot but we just use big bobbers. However, I could see the advantage to using balloons if the bait was extremely heavy as it would hold the bait up better than the bobber. I might try using a 3 sided swivel. Tie the line from your reel to one, a string tied to the balloon on one and then a leader with your weight and hook on the third. There might be an easier way but I'm not familiar with it. You may have a hard time finding those swivels. (not to mention there would now be 3 knots - weak spots - in your line instead of just the knot at the hook.)

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
I have ballon fishing several time but mostly for shark and then some bass when fishing with large shiners.
I attach the ballon directly to the line by tieing it and then utilizing a tooth pick if need be to hold it in a specific depth.

You want it to release and go away after a strike and hook-up-----:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.