Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the growing popularity of shed hunting and the competition increasing every minute, do you think we should make it illegal for people to make huge corn piles, shed traps etc, in an attempt to find more sheds?

Doesn't "baiting for sheds" alter a deer's natural behavior? Isn't that why corn piles during the season are illegal?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good question.. I wondered that myself. But it is after season, so baiting is legal as long as ALL the bait is removed 10 days prior to opening day your hunt.. .see that’s a GRAY AREA..Regulations state 10 days prior to hunting, so if I don’t hunt until Nov 10th does that mean I can still Bait until the Nov 1st..hmmm :rules::rules::rules:

The only legal Bait is a Natural Salt block, such as a Trophy Rock, or a Salt block for Cows. According to the MWD officer I have spoken with.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,226 Posts
[rquote=1568843&tid=109089&author=MADMAX1972]Good question.. I wondered that myself. But it is after season, so baiting is legal as long as ALL the bait is removed 10 days prior to opening day your hunt.. .see that’s a GRAY AREA..Regulations state 10 days prior to hunting, so if I don’t hunt until Nov 10th does that mean I can still Bait until the Nov 1st..hmmm :rules::rules::rules:

The only legal Bait is a Natural Salt block, such as a Trophy Rock, or a Salt block for Cows. According to the MWD officer I have spoken with.
[/rquote]

No you cannot bait until Nov 1, all bait has to be removed 10 days prior.

coolio is kidding, right?:thinking:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
:thinking:

I don't see why it would be wrong to provide supplemental food for wildlife in an attempt to help them make it thru the winter unless you are somewhere that is dealing with CWD. If that means I get an extra shed or 2 so be it. No different than planting 5 acres of beans that will never be harvested.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,226 Posts
[rquote=1568863&tid=109089&author=MADMAX1972]Ok..so I will remove the Bait Oct, 31st..

I understand what your saying 90 Acres[/rquote]

:2thumbsup:

Heck, I'd be okay if they made baiting legal.:wave:

·
Registered
918 Posts
The 10 day rule seems a little goofy to me. If I bait for 350 days, remove the bait 10 days prior to hunting and hunt 5 days, I guarantee you that I have changed the deer's patterns where they will at least visit the previously baited area, even if there is not bait out at that time. Allowing it for several months and then thinking deeer are going to change their habits in a matter of 10 days is just goofy.

·
Horny D
5,645 Posts
I could go the rest of my life without seeing anything else be made illegal, ever. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would ask for more restrictions to life! I think we've got more than enough items and activities that are banned, outlawed, or prohibited. Man, I want my free country back, and hopefully filled with nothing but people who want to keep it free.:D

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
[rquote=1569056&tid=109089&author=Detrhoyt]I could go the rest of my life without seeing anything else be made illegal, ever. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would ask for more restrictions to life! I think we've got more than enough items and activities that are banned, outlawed, or prohibited. Man, I want my free country back, and hopefully filled with nothing but people who want to keep it free.:D[/rquote]

:bowing::bowing: amen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1569019&tid=109089&author=leasburg]:lame:[/rquote]

Guess people aren't allowed to ask question or take a survey unless you are of the same thinking as God himself!

I'm sorry leasburg, I will be sure to ask how I should think before I ever post again!

:bowing: leasburg the GREAT!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1569056&tid=109089&author=Detrhoyt]I could go the rest of my life without seeing anything else be made illegal, ever. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would ask for more restrictions to life! I think we've got more than enough items and activities that are banned, outlawed, or prohibited. Man, I want my free country back, and hopefully filled with nothing but people who want to keep it free.:D[/rquote]

So taking away someones right to shoot unlimited amount of wildlife to be sold as fur or food, therefore destroying the population, reducing numbers almost to the point of extinction was wrong? Pretty sure this website wouldn't exist if that type of behavior wasn't put in check!

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1569104&tid=109089&author=coolio][rquote=1569056&tid=109089&author=Detrhoyt]I could go the rest of my life without seeing anything else be made illegal, ever. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would ask for more restrictions to life! I think we've got more than enough items and activities that are banned, outlawed, or prohibited. Man, I want my free country back, and hopefully filled with nothing but people who want to keep it free.:D[/rquote]

So taking away someones right to shoot unlimited amount of wildlife to be sold as fur or food, therefore destroying the population, reducing numbers almost to the point of extinction was wrong? Pretty sure this website wouldn't exist if that type of behavior wasn't put in check![/rquote]

Don't even go down that road w/ detrhoyt

:hysterical: :hysterical: :wave:

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,689 Posts
I disagree with the premise of the poll. Is shed hunting increasing exponentially? I've not seen it.
Is the competition increasing daily?
I've not seen it.
MHO only, mind you, in my little neck of the wood, only.
Heck, I've had a hard time trying to get an avid shedhunter to my neck of the woods!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[rquote=1569109&tid=109089&author=ALMOST NORMAL][rquote=1569104&tid=109089&author=coolio][rquote=1569056&tid=109089&author=Detrhoyt]I could go the rest of my life without seeing anything else be made illegal, ever. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would ask for more restrictions to life! I think we've got more than enough items and activities that are banned, outlawed, or prohibited. Man, I want my free country back, and hopefully filled with nothing but people who want to keep it free.:D[/rquote]

So taking away someones right to shoot unlimited amount of wildlife to be sold as fur or food, therefore destroying the population, reducing numbers almost to the point of extinction was wrong? Pretty sure this website wouldn't exist if that type of behavior wasn't put in check![/rquote]

Don't even go down that road w/ detrhoyt

:hysterical: :hysterical: :wave:[/rquote]

:thinking: Is he for shooting everything walking? In or out of season? I don't know about you but I sure am glad we have regulations in place otherwise we wouldn't be able to enjoy the game we all claim to have respect for.

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
[rquote=1569097&tid=109089&author=coolio][rquote=1569019&tid=109089&author=leasburg]:lame:[/rquote]

Guess people aren't allowed to ask question or take a survey unless you are of the same thinking as God himself!

I'm sorry leasburg, I will be sure to ask how I should think before I ever post again!

:bowing: leasburg the GREAT![/rquote]

well i see for the short time you have been here you are learning:grouphug:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1569114&tid=109089&author=leasburg][rquote=1569097&tid=109089&author=coolio][rquote=1569019&tid=109089&author=leasburg]:lame:[/rquote]

:bowing: leasburg the GREAT![/rquote]

well i see for the short time you have been here you are learning:grouphug:[/rquote]

:bowing:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.