Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Land buying addiction
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or so ago I was walking along the flood water on the neighbors property (I have permission to hunt and so do others) when I saw a stand. In front of the stand there about 20 yrds there was corn. It made me very angry because I could see one of my stands from there. I was waiting until I saw someone hunting it. Well last night I am out hunting and at about 4:00 I here a shot come from that direction so operation game theft was called. The agent called me today to get more info and I described to him were it was. He said it looked like land mines out there now. He also said I cannot hunt my stand because this guy has bait in the area. He also said he was going to take my camera because thought it took his picture but them he realized it was turned off at the time. He said cameras are a night mare fore them. Just had to vent a little Standing corn all year making it hard to hunt and now the neighbor is baiting sucking all the deer away from my area I can legally hunt. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

·
11,357 Posts
He didn't show up last night (meaning the GW)? Seems the individual could have been easily caught in the act of harvesting an animal if he shot and you called it in immediatly. :confused:

Why would a cam be a nightmare for the agent? Seems it could have helped in many instances? Just a question?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,970 Posts
Carry a camera with you so you can get a pic of the person in the stand.

·
Land buying addiction
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will get the license next time I didn't think about it before. I have never had anything happen like this before. I don't want to get close enough to them to take there picture then they will know its me and mess with my stands.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,970 Posts
[rquote=1495510&tid=104401&author=techteacher]I will get the license next time I didn't think about it before. I have never had anything happen like this before. I don't want to get close enough to them to take there picture then they will know its me and mess with my stands. [/rquote]
Good point. A zoom lens would help, but that's asking a lot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got kinda the same problem but its with food plots. I hunt 80 acres bordered by 300 that has several food plots. I can tell over the past 2 yrs how its pulling almost all the deer of my ground onto his. I get some passing thru but there mostly on his place. The guy that owns the 80 said if I was sticking around next yr we would do some food plots to help pull some back.

·
11,357 Posts
It's just my opinion, but once you have reported it to the GW it should be addressed by them. Finding a bait pile is one thing, but when you call and say you are PRETTY sure that someone just shot a deer while hunting a bait pile it would seem to me that it would be easy to catch someone actually in the act. I wouldn't expect the police to show up the next morning after I heard shots fired near my house.

Understood that GW's are spread thin, but it is important to address calls as fast as possible:cheers:

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
[rquote=1495523&tid=104401&author=DForbis]It's just my opinion, but once you have reported it to the GW it should be addressed by them. Finding a bait pile is one thing, but when you call and say you are PRETTY sure that someone just shot a deer while hunting a bait pile it would seem to me that it would be easy to catch someone actually in the act. I wouldn't expect the police to show up the next morning after I heard shots fired near my house.[/rquote]

Exactly, woulda been much easier to catch them when they had to leave...maybe the warden was a ways off, in the process of another bust or somewhere else away from the county. There may be a good explanation for this.

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1495531&tid=104401&author=letemgrow][rquote=1495523&tid=104401&author=DForbis]It's just my opinion, but once you have reported it to the GW it should be addressed by them. Finding a bait pile is one thing, but when you call and say you are PRETTY sure that someone just shot a deer while hunting a bait pile it would seem to me that it would be easy to catch someone actually in the act. I wouldn't expect the police to show up the next morning after I heard shots fired near my house.[/rquote]

Exactly, woulda been much easier to catch them when they had to leave...maybe the warden was a ways off, in the process of another bust or somewhere else away from the county. There may be a good explanation for this. [/rquote]

Probably right. Atleast we as sportsman hope that is the case:cheers:

·
Land buying addiction
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only bad part is I think it was the land owners son hunting last night since the gate was unlocked and I don't think he knows the baiting is going on. He is not a big hunter and this is the first time I have seen him all year. I want to catch the guy who put it there not the ones hunting close to it unknowingly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.