Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, the majority of you said that, shooting a deer over "bait" is not hunting, its just shooting.. sure ok.. ill agree with that.. And we wont hash out the dynamics of what you think is bait and yadda yadda..

My question is this, would you consider water as "bait" I.e. hunt over a waterhole in a ground blind, and pick out your animal to "shoot"?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Only in the case of fenced waterholes where the game is forced to go to the one source of water by opening a different fence each day. That is a common practice used by outfitters to keep game movement up. It almost qualifies as game harrassment.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Your going to step on some toes with this one. For people who have an ethics problem with bait but not food plots, bait but not farm fields, bait but not scents, now water holes! OUCH! People may start understanding that its not 'Fair chase"! We have guns, trucks, and Cabellas! They have hooves!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by runner

It almost qualifies as game harrassment.
You are kidding, right?

Fenced animals are no more than livestock. No matter what the specie. So if I set up a catch pen with feed to draw in a steer to butcher that is harassment?

:banghead:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Originally posted by runner
Only in the case of fenced waterholes where the game is forced to go to the one source of water by opening a different fence each day. That is a common practice used by outfitters to keep game movement up. It almost qualifies as game harrassment.
Say just a water hole like a bait pile. Last fall with all the acorns and shortage of water it was a no-brainer which you would hunt. Man made water holes should be considered bait!

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
water is water,the conservation department will help make a better enviroment depending on what species you want on your land ,like water,plant trees and anything that can be defined as natural surrounding for your type of enviroment,then its not baiting,

now lets just say you put a dog bowl out in a field then maybe that might be :D

·
5,632 Posts
Perfectly clear for JMAC!

There are some that like to point out and even create divisions between those of us who stand a better chance of survival if we stick together. I'm not bad-mouthing anyone. I'm guilty, too, at times.

·
5,632 Posts
:rebelstirringthepotsmiley:

:rotfl:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Rebel? Cheap? Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!

Oh....and a man made pond that is cleaned out by a bulldozer is still a man made pond, whoever brought that scenario up. I ain't taking the time to go back and see.

Anyone know exactly what percentage of "impoundments" in MO are "natural?" :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.