Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am new to hunting hogs. Every time i have seen one it has been by chance while i was deer hunting. Can anyone give me some pointers on baiting them what to use i have heard corn and jello work?

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Corn soaked in Milk buried in a hole works.So they smell it and have to root to get to it and can't eat it all at once.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin likes it with Sugar.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cut holes on one side of a tire and fill it with corn and used cooking oil or grease. Then put the tire over a sapling big enough that they wont break the sapling. Then set up a tree stand within 20 yards and start slayin!

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Get a bunch of old cooking grease from a restraunt or cafeteria... Pour it out... They like to roll in it...

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
If you have issues with everythnig eating the corn and the hogs having little left to get in. Soak that corn in red diesel. You can bury it or leave it on top of the ground. Either way they are the only thing going to eat it and they love it.

Corn works better than anything. We have used cattle cubes, and so on. Corn is the best.

I have some corn ferminting for them now. 200 lbs of corn, cover with water add sugar and yeast and anything else laying around you wanta get rid of. Let stand 7 to 10 days with a loose cover then take back and dump out for em. They love that!

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
[rquote=1591159&tid=108570&author=cfrazee_mo]
I have some corn ferminting for them now. 200 lbs of corn, cover with water add sugar and yeast and anything else laying around you wanta get rid of. Let stand 7 to 10 days with a loose cover then take back and dump out for em. They love that![/rquote]

Grandpa used to do that, but didn't feed it to the hogs.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.