Bad weather here

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by rat, Feb 16, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I am in st. louis county and baseball sized hail has been reported.

Strange.. about 65F in south of this front moving through and only 20F behind it. Good recipe for real bad weather.

Any other reports?
  2. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    The temp has dropped just over 20 degrees in the past hour down this way-----Wind is gusting to almost 40mph-----Skys look like a real snow storm is blowing in as well as we are under a tornado watch until 8:00PM-------:cheers:

3. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Hmmm, its just rainin here pretty hard, and luckily there hasn't been any hail as of yet... knock on wood! :pop:
  4. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Its getting colder and windy here in Columbia. been going down hill since this morning.

we are supposed to be 18 tonight. we did not get the rain they said. and now i hope we dont cause it will be freezing rain.
  5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    We had no school today and most likely none tomorrow. Started in with ice early this morning. Little slick but I hope that is all.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    0216051648/10TX/VIS10/27012G25/DippinDot sz hail/37/34/2984rsng
  7. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    Well, I just got home from work and man I'm worried to look at my car in the light tomorrow. :frown: It hailed so hard I couldn't see across our parking lot (which isn't far). The ground was completely covered after it gone done, looked like it had snowed. The tornado sirens went off a little bit after that, but think the worst was past by then.
  8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    My wifes car got beat up pretty bad in earth city this afternoon.. dang
  9. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

This must be a new way to report the weather...LOL
  10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO

But this afternoon, we had some crazy hail and rain for all of 10 minutes or so.. after that the cold temps came rolling in.. its 27 out now, and at 2 pm it was 72.. so thats a pretty drastic temp change in 6 hours.. and its still dropping and the wind is CRAZY...
  11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Windy as all heck here too now.. supposed to be down to 18 tonight and I woke up to 56 this morning... only in MO I guess.

I loved telling my folks in FLA that it was 70f today hehe
  12. Nicholas post is in a format pilots recieve showing time, conditions, temps, dewpoint,wind and gusts,etc.-----anyone know what kind of weather hamilton got today?
  13. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo

dippindot sz hail :hysterical: now that is funny
  14. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Well using nicholas's "system" i would guess.

123abc/yepitscold/abc123/gotalilwind/123abc/somerain/abc123/yepa lilhail/abc123/somemorerain/123abc/nowitsfrggencoldandwindy/abcde
  15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    lmao... hilarious
  16. rebel--now that there's funny-i think i'll decode it that way on my next checkride-well--maybe i better not.
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    27 years of aviation will do that to you, except for the dippin dot size hail! I did not know about dippin dots untill I moved here. So when I saw them on my deck I thought, dippin dots!

MaxEpir, what checkride? FAA?

0216051648/10TX/VIS10/27012G25/DippinDot sz hail/37/34/2984rsng;

February 16, 2005, 4:48pm, 1000 foot ceilings in thunderstorms, visibility 10 miles, wind from the west at 12 miles per hour to a peak gust of 25 miles per hour, editorial, temperature 37, dew point 34, altimeter 29.84 and rising
  18. Nicholas, yes FAA--I,ve been a pilot for about 17 years, flew air ambulance in a 206 several years ago in Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico, also flew elk surveys a couple of years. Currently fly pa-44 out of westwind aviation in phx. and also fly Angel Missions whenever possible. I,ve flown into Palm Springs, Calexico, and Blythe, which sounds like it's close to your old stomping grounds.

19. That is Angel Flight missions--my typing is really pathetic!
  20. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Very familiar with Angel Flight in a 206 as well. Former GM SNA Flight Charter Facility, 135/91 facility, singles to jets, you name it. Started in CATCC, USN. Now just trying to start a Martial Arts school out here in good ol St. Chuck. Just need to refresh my training, and get the tournament records back up to date.