Bad News

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by squints1, Nov 7, 2010.

1. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    Found out Friday that my broken foot from Oct 11 hasnt healed correctly and now I have to have surgery to put a screw in it. Then it's another three weeks in a walking boot which means no climbing a tree. I hate hunting off the ground (got busted by two does last week) but don't have much of a choice.

B.T.W. Surgery is next Friday, so guess what that means? Yep, rifle season is over before it gets started.

:mad2::whinging::mad2::whinging::mad2::whinging::mad2::whinging:

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Where there's a will there's a way!!!:wave:

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I feel your pain. Literally. I've been dealing with a busted and infected ankle the past several weeks and have been going stir crazy. I've done a pretty good job of listening to the docs who said to put no weight on the foot. Yesterday I drove to the farm and drove the four wheeler and supervised my son putting up a deer stand that he will be sitting in next week. Picked out a spot for a climbing stand so I'm ready as soon as I get the green light from the docs.

Good luck.

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I TORE THE LIGS AND TENDONS IN MY ANKLE ONE YEAR AT SEASON! NO WAY COULD I GET IN A TREE. I HUNTED IN A BLIND THAT YEAR. SUCKS FOR SURE. HOPE YOU GET TO HEALIN FAST AND GOOD LUCK!

5. shores

shores Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Fenton
    What about a 12 foot ladder stand?

6. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I hunted one year with one of those boots on one foot and on crutches, think I shot a 130" buck and 4 or 5 does...go for it!

7. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    BTDTGTTS!!!! Know how ya feel. hope it heals ok.

8. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Hang in there!! Things will get better.

MoFire

9. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    I had out patient surgery on my left wrist (I am a southpaw shooter) the day before season one year and I guess the doc screwed up cuz the cast fell off that night. :whistle: Hurt like the blazes but I kilt a middlin 9 pointer on saturday morning. Might not have been the smartest decision I ever made but I'd likely do it again. :shrug:

10. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    I've been in a walking boot and off crutches for about a week and a half now and have been bow hunting from the ground, but with surgery being at 3:30 Friday afternoon, I don't see any way of being able to hunt next weekend. I have no more vacation time with work either, so the last thing I need to do is mess it up anymore by trying something stupid.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

11. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    I'll bet it was the 5th metatarsal that broke....listen to the doc so you dont have stress fracture problems in the future.

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Take it easy and don't hurry it.

13. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    [rquote=1884440&tid=131236&author=Skduckhunt]I'll bet it was the 5th metatarsal that broke....listen to the doc so you dont have stress fracture problems in the future.[/rquote]

Wow you're good. It was the 5th metatarsal. Putting a screw in it Friday, so hopefully I won't have anymore problems.

14. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    it is the most broken bone in the human body,or so a doc once told me...