back wheel fell off Jeep. About messed my pants when it happend.

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Longbow26, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well we had to get the rear brakes on the jeep fixed today. Our regualr mechanic was to buissy so we had to take it soem where else to get it done since i got to have it for Fridays lung doctor apointment at teh VA.

Well got to go pick it up this evening and not even 2 bloocks from picking itup the real left wheel comes off the dang thing. Talk about a adrellanin rush and soild whittie tiddies that was. Good thing i was in town and not going fast. I walked ot shop and they guy says well i guess we dint tighten the lugs tight enoufe. So i say well you got to go get it and do it right.

SO after making shure nothign was broken on it and checking to make shure the brakes that his guy put on where done corectly and personally putting the tiers back on. He ahnds me the monie we had payed for the break work and apoligized profussly.

He said if our mechanic finds anything wrong wiht teh jeep from this insadent he will fix it at no cost to us.

2. firemedjoe

firemedjoe New Member

WoW that was a close call.

3. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    Great to hear that someone is going the extra mile to fix their mistake....albeit a huge mistake. Glad no one was hurt, that really could have been bad had you been on the highway. I'm sure that the pucker factor was pretty high on that one!

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Thank goodness you and noone else was hurt!!!

5. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    glad everyone is okay...I'd have your reg. mechanic fix anything that needs fixing and send the bill to your new ex-mechanic!

6. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    glad to hear he stands behind his service/screw up

:cheers:

been having a recurring problem with my '08 JK
    hit a bump at highway speeds & it starts vibrating soo bad
    it feels like all 4 tires are gonna fall off

took it to the dealer for my oil change & had them check it out
    service guy tells me there's a TSB for the steering dampener
    luckily the Jeep is still under warranty & they're fixing it this week

7. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    glad your alright sir.

8. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Central MO
    I'd say he did everything he could do to make a bad screw up right. You got to give him credit for that.

9. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That could have really turned out bad!:eek:

10. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    [rquote=1866803&tid=129971&author=Grumpy]I'd say he did everything he could do to make a bad screw up right. You got to give him credit for that.[/rquote]

Yes i give him credit for that, that is why i dint put his shops name in my post.

11. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Glad it all worked out!

12. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Glad your OK at least he admited his mistake and came thru for you. Not many would. Bet he is one less mechinic tomorrow. Not many would admit there mistake.:eek:

13. Outlaw 101st

Outlaw 101st New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Elkhart Indiana
    Great to hear you are all Ok. As a fellow Jeep owner ...thank god there tuff.
    A better day ahead.:wave:

14. I did that to myself about 5 years ago. Rotated the tires for a long trip and double checked the lugnuts after a short ride. Heading out the next mornng about 4 miles from the house on the highway and WHAM!! I watched in my rear view mirror as my left rear tire passed me. The poor guy behind me was getting a shower of sparks like off a grinder.

I managed to pull it to the shoulder and then I saw the big truck tire bouncing down the road in rush hour traffic. I was just praying it didn't kill anybody. So I took off running after it and about a half mile later I caught up to the wobbling wheel.

When I rolled it back to the truck I noticed only 2 studs had been damaged and I was able to mount it with the remaining nuts and limp it to the auto store for new studs. The brake drum was just a little flat on one side.

The worst part was as I was running down the shoulder chasing that dang tire several buddies I knew passed me and we hollering and laughing out their windows.

All I can figure is I missed one tire I'd swear I double checked them lugnuts.

15. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    Got enough back to buy some new tighty whities. Glad you're ok.

16. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    As Ron White said "he went to tire COLLEGE, must be he was sick on lug nut day".
    Glad to hear you are ok and same with the Jeep.

17. Looks like socd may have the same shaking front end problem you have. Need to have someone check out the part he mentioned.
    [rquote=1866796&tid=129971&author=Son_of_Cold_Duck]glad to hear he stands behind his service/screw up

:cheers:

been having a recurring problem with my '08 JK
    hit a bump at highway speeds & it starts vibrating soo bad
    it feels like all 4 tires are gonna fall off

took it to the dealer for my oil change & had them check it out
    service guy tells me there's a TSB for the steering dampener
    luckily the Jeep is still under warranty & they're fixing it this week[/rquote]