Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did our invasives spraying on a 6 acre patch today. I actually think we got carried away and did more than 6.

It was a cool morning and very comfortable working weather.

A bunch of multiflora rose and one autumn olive sapling nuked.

I will encourage people to do this a few times this time of year like we have. A walk through cover this time of year scrutinizing plants will sure open your eyes to how diverse a deers diet is. There is browse pressure visible everywhere if you look closely.

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
What did you feed them at what ratio? 6a is quite a bit, but it was a perfect morning temp wise and low winds here.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quart of gly and 20 ounces of 24-d in 5 gallons . Usually does the job.

Reactions: DPx2

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I was out spraying on my farm yesterday. Hit a bunch of black and honey locust and multiflora rose with 2-4D and some poison ivy with glyphosate. Checked on trees. Most of them are looking good. Might have to replace a few.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lost some over the winter too.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,066 Posts
Did you use roundup? You will be dead within a couple weeks if you did. At least that is what I read on the internets. :D

RIP Henry, **** disturbing on mwt will ever be the same. Rat and I will tip a bottle of Makers to your memory. :cheers:

Reactions: letemgrow

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you use roundup? You will be dead within a couple weeks if you did. At least that is what I read on the internets. :D

RIP Henry, **** disturbing on mwt will ever be the same. Rat and I will tip a bottle of Makers to your memory. :cheers:
Im more worried about the 2-4-d . It stinks.

Reactions: callaojoe

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,066 Posts
Im more worried about the 2-4-d . It stinks.
But can you sue Monsanto/Bayer? If you can't do that, blame roundup on your deathbed. :wave1: We're gonna miss you but would like to benefit on your death. :tup:

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But can you sue Monsanto/Bayer? If you can't do that, blame roundup on your deathbed. :wave1: We're gonna miss you but would like to benefit on your death. :tup:
Im gonna blame it on red dye number 9. I had a hotdog for supper.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
We camped last week and took the camper to the farm Friday, stayed the weekend. I nuked the remaining MF rose and some more honeysuckle.
I'm surprised nobody has come along and told you that you don't do any habitat work. :D
I have tried trapping autumn olive, sericea and MF thickets... never had a lot of luck so I just spray them instead. :)
We did our invasives spraying on a 6 acre patch today. I actually think we got carried away and did more than 6.

It was a cool morning and very comfortable working weather.

A bunch of multiflora rose and one autumn olive sapling nuked.

I will encourage people to do this a few times this time of year like we have. A walk through cover this time of year scrutinizing plants will sure open your eyes to how diverse a deers diet is. There is browse pressure visible everywhere if you look closely.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know my legs and back are feeling better this morning. That creek bottom we sprayed on the north end had us crossing those creeks a bunch of times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.