Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to camp Thursday night and got camp set up and ready for the weekend. Froze that night and woke up with my Uvula swollen to the point I couldn't swallow right. Inhaled to much smoke I guess. Didn't hunt Friday morning.

Headed out Friday night and saw 1 scraggly 6 point and that was it.

Saturday morning had 4 doe a draw over from me come running through, guess the dogs had them running.

Saturday night didn't see squat, figured the deer were not hitting the food til after dark so I would set up farther down the trails and catch them working towards the food and that didn't work out for me.

Sunday morning bailed on my scouted out spots and wondered aimlessly into a new spot. Had a hunter follow me in so I kept walking back farther til I didn't see his flashlight anymore. Picked a doozy of a spot(extreme sarcasm), followed a run in and set up about 25yds off it, when day broke I saw I was on the edge of mini cliff and nowhere. Ran out of Copenhagan and was grumpy as all get out. I got down about 9 and went to Cranes to stock up on Cope.

Sunday night most the hunters were gone, in fact all from my side of Whetstone were gone, just a couple rabbit hunters so I headed to an area I had been wanting to try. Walked back in half way to the range it seemed and set up on a ridge.

Had to 2 doe come in about 50 yards from me, I worked them good for about 20 minutes and thought I had them committed to coming my direction with enough light to shoot but they took there time and I just sat there and let them do what they wanted. Once they were gone it was nice and dark so I climbed down, took my toys and drove home.

Busy next few weekends is going to make it hard to hunt like I would like but I'm gonna do what I can.

[Edited on 12/7/2009 by blevely]

[Edited on 12/7/2009 by blevely]

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hunting those managed hunts can be difficult especially with all those people around. Good luck if you get out later in the month. I will be heading out to Weldon here in a couple of weeks.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I didn't hear of 1 deer being taken. I know a guy that was camped near us shot one but it was a bad shot and they couldn't find it.

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
hmm,you better come over and rub on lucky a little bit more:D

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
[rquote=1501303&tid=104763&author=coyotehunter]hmm,you better come over and rub on lucky a little bit more:D[/rquote]

He done used up all that lucky karma on that little one he shot early.:rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
[rquote=1501325&tid=104763&author=pinwheel][rquote=1501303&tid=104763&author=coyotehunter]hmm,you better come over and rub on lucky a little bit more:D[/rquote]

He done used up all that lucky karma on that little one he shot early.:rof2:[/rquote]i just don't understand it.i only let him and one lady rub ole lucky this year and one week later she calls all excited saying she killed a monster.:thinking:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm cursed ya'll, that's all there is to it.

I hunt the food and the sign, hunt high and use the wind in my favor. Since gun season started I haven't seen squat but a gazillion squirles.

:shrug:

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
How do you work a doe????????:confused::confused:

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
sounds like a good get away if nothing else Blev.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1501376&tid=104763&author=Gakic24]How do you work a doe????????:confused::confused:[/rquote]

If you don't know I'm not telling you:D

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1501384&tid=104763&author=hunter7x] sounds like a good get away if nothing else Blev. [/rquote]

yep it was, the boy didn't show up until Saturday night though.

Love being out there and hate to pack up and go home.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1501388&tid=104763&author=blevely][rquote=1501376&tid=104763&author=Gakic24]How do you work a doe????????:confused::confused:[/rquote]

If you don't know I'm not telling you:D[/rquote]

Acorn Cruncher????

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guyz never messed with the doe to try and get them to come in to range?:confused:

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
[rquote=1501389&tid=104763&author=blevely][rquote=1501384&tid=104763&author=hunter7x] sounds like a good get away if nothing else Blev. [/rquote]

yep it was, the boy didn't show up until Saturday night though.

Love being out there and hate to pack up and go home.[/rquote]

your boy got the same issues mine does? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts