Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't find any bucks on my farm lately, I decided to set up for fawns. Those little rascals are everywhere this year. I've gotten all of these pics this week.

Yesterday, I was at the farm doing some brush hogging. First thing I see is a doe in the middle of the clover I just mowed. She came out there while I was still mowing.

The next thing that got me excited was when I seen a hen in another patch of clover I mowed Sunday. I left the winter wheat standing on the edge of the clover. When she seen me, she went back in the timber. As I drove by the WW, birds started flying from everywhere. At first I thought they were quail, then I realized they were way too big for quail. That hen had her poults out in my freshly mowed clover. Unfortunately, I don't have any pic of them. I do have a trail camera there now though.

The next thing that got my blood pumping. I was driving around the edge of my 8.5 acre food plot. As I came around an outcropping, right in front of me was twin fawns. Again, no pic, but I do have a trail camera there now as well.

From a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

·
5,632 Posts
Man, those are GREAT pics! Keep it up...we love pics.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Wow, those are great pics.....................:cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gotta add this one. It's one of my favorites so far. This one & the turkey/fawn/doe run neck & neck.

I went out to the farm about 4pm today (couldn't get motivated for anything else) to finish up the hoggin. Even took the little woman. As we traveled between the corn & sorghum/sunflowers, I scared another hen & 6 poults. Boys & girls, these food plots are really payin off. Never seen a poult last spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Awesome pics. Keep up that management and you'll keep seeing progress pinwheel.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Those are great pictures and the quality is some of the best I've seen. What cams do you use or do you make your own?

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Those are truly some awesome pics!
Thanks alot of posting them!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
Those are great pictures and the quality is some of the best I've seen. What cams do you use or do you make your own?
Thanks Hoyt, I build my own. I only use sony 4.1 mp & higher cams. Currently have 6 in the woods with 4 more awating final parts. My goal is to have 10 going this fall. I like printing pics & these cams allow me to print some great pics. The higher mp allows me to zoom in on detail without loosing quality.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
That is a good one ! how did you mount the camera to get a picture like that ?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by hunter7x
That is a good one ! how did you mount the camera to get a picture like that ?
That setup is on the bend in my creek with a high bank. There was a perfect tree right on the edge of the bank. Luckily, there is an exposed root so I can step in front of the camera to open the case.

As we get closer to the fall & the bucks come back, I will start mounting my white flash cams about 10 foot high. Doesn't seem to spook the deer as bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.